40~Guilt.

Hello! 40 CHAPTERS!!! So, Layla is pregnant!!! With triplets!!! Yay! How do you think she's going to behave over the next few weeks?! XD Remember to comment!

(Loki's POV.)

I had finished my royal duties for the night and was walking back towards my bedroom to take care of Layla. She had been taking the pregnancy very well, which was odd.

Normally women tend to have mood swings, aches and pains, hot and cold flashes, and many other misfortunes that come with carrying children. And Layla had triple the burden to hold inside of her! I thought she would become a cyclone of emotions and tantrums... But my little lover was just as sweet as ever. It was as if a beautiful golden glow had taken it's place around her aura.

She seemed to be so happy and bright when ever her and I were together. I loved every inch of her, from her adorable toes to her long blonde hair. She was my wife, my love, my heart. She was absolutely perfect.

"Loki! Brother, one moment please, before you turn in for the night!" Thor yells from down the hall and uses his hammer to fly to my side as I continued walking.

"What is on your mind, Thor?" I ask him as I turn a corner towards my chambers.

"I wanted to congratulate you on becoming a father! Ever since Layla has been expecting your children, you seem to be happier each day that passes. Which, of course, makes me happy!" He rambles as we make our way down the last hallway.

"Thank you, brother. That means a lot to me, and I shall tell Layla of your congratulations." I smile and pat him on the shoulder as we approach my bed chambers.

"And I expect a child to be named after me!" He adds quickly before flying off again. I scoff and shake my head as I open the door and close it behind me quickly.

"Layla I'm ho-" I stop dead in my tracks when I see my poor maiden in pain on the bed. I run to her side and hold her hand, comforting her while she moans in discomfort.

"What's wrong my love?" I whisper and cradle her head in my arm. She looked absolutely drained, even her eyes were paler than usual.

"I-I don't know, L-Loki..." She stumbled over her words and held her stomach in her hands, almost as if she was trying to protect our young.

"Why didn't you send for me, darling?" I ask in a worried voice as she whimpers in pain. My hands slowly inspect her body.

"I-I..." She stuttered and I quickly hushed her, she needed to relax if this was to work. I couldn't inspect her properly if she was going to continue to speak.

"Aminta... Get Aminta, Loki..." She begged me as she started shivering. Her pain was almost too much too bare for me. I quickly ran out of the room and told one of the guards to fetch Aminta.

+++++++++++++++++++

"She has a high fever, my prince... I don't know what it could be. It could be a side effect of her pregnancy, it could be illness... I don't know what else to do." Aminta whimpers and holds a damp cloth to my poor Layla's forehead.

"Let's get her to the infirmary. They will be able to help her there." I say as I gently lift my wife up. Her eyes were closed and her body was shaking as her skin paled. I had to help her no matter what.

I carry her to the awaiting healers and lay her down on a curing table. She is surrounded by female nurses and wait for their deduction. I only wish that she was going to be alright.

+++++++++++++++++++

A nurse confronts me after a few hours and smiles sadly. I stand from my seat and await her information on my wife's well-being.

"She is going to be alright, she was suffering from frostbite... Which is strange since we have a few more months to wait for winter. It was on her stomach and lower waist, but we have healed her and gave her an enchantment to keep her from freezing again. She will be fine." The healer said and looked towards the door as my Layla walked out, perfectly fine.

"Oh thank gods..." I sigh with relief and envelope her in my arms. Frostbite... My young were frost giants, they were causing her to freeze. How could I let this happen?

"Thank you, we will be off now." I say over my shoulder to the nurse and leave while clutching my wife's hand. She was looking much better from before and I was thankful for that, but I had to speak with her about what happened.

We walked to my room in silence as the thoughts of self hate scrambled in my brain. I was the cause of pain for Layla, I was the reason for her discomfort... I was a monster.

"Loki, what's wrong love?" Layla asked me as we entered our room again. She always knew when I was feeling uneasy, she knew me better than anyone.

"It was my fault... What happened to you was because of me. If I wasn't an abomination this wouldn't have happened." I say from the balcony as the warm winds begin to turn cold again.

"Loki, what are you talking about?" Layla gasps and hugs me from behind. I could feel her growing stomach against my spine and had to push my pride aside, I stepped away.

"The children are frost giants Layla... Because of my curse, you could have been injured." I clench my fists in self-loathing. Why do I always have to destroy everything.

"Loki, these children are ours... If they are frost giants, I wouldn't care! I would love them, no matter how different they are from me. Even if they cause me pain, I am their mother. I lo-" I cut her off by turning away from her.

"You can not love something that causes you pain! It is impossible." I growl and run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Loki, relax. Look at me..." She purred and laid a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't take it anymore, she had to stop!

Before I could even know what had happened, I transformed into the frost giant I really was. My hand made contact with her throat as I slammed her into the balcony floor.

"Look at me!!! What do you see?! A monster! YOU IDIOT!!!" I scream in her face and slap her across her gorgeous cheek.

And then she whimpered two words that made my entire body pale once more. Two words that stopped time within itself. Two words that reduced me to tears within seconds.

"T-The baby's..." She was bleeding.