Chapter Two

-Chapter Two-

6 loners

6 new friends?

One giant estate

Watch out for the Thieves Among Us

RYAN STARK: TORONTO CANADA 4 PM. UNNAMED HQ FOR UNNAMED TEAM.

I don’t do people. Ever. It’s not like I do it on purpose. I’m just seriously socially impaired. Blame my intellect! So when my new ‘friends’ suggested a sleepover party I was reluctant. Actually I blatantly refused to come. The strongman Carter cracked his neck, and I didn’t mean to gulp but I did. He  looked at Christie who was glaring at me like there was no tomorrow. Talk about if looks could kill.. I swear I was more scared of her then Carter. This situation actually brought back memories of school before I dropped out and got homeschooling.

What finally convinced me was Tara though. She was probably the only one who would even understand half the things I said. That wasn’t an insult; I was just kind of a genius. Plus she was probably the prettiest scientist I’ve ever seen. Her blonde hair drove me crazy (in a good way), but I was even worse with pretty girls than I was with people.

I realized Christie had been staring at me. She had some amazing eyes. Not beautiful eyes like Tara, but soul searching eyes. The kind that could look at you, and just know you. Just like that. My theory was proven when she said, “It’s okay. We don’t bite. Like I said we’re just like you. Promise.”

I nodded, and agreed to come. This was going to be interesting…

I decided to deal with that when I came to it. First I was going to explore the Directors estate. It was HUGE! Bigger than mine even. I was really surprised when I found out we each had a separate ‘cottage’ that was about the size of  large house, a shared HQ, and a shared entertainment center. Whoever D was he must be very wealthy.

I was going to just relax until it was time for the stupid party. I thought taking a nap might get me prepared. I was just about to sit down when someone knocked on the door. I groaned. The last thing I wanted to do was to talk to someone.

“Come in!” I yelled. No way was I getting up.

The door slowly opened. At the sight of frizzy blonde hair I mentally cursed. I should've gotten up or at least been prepared or something! I must look so lazy. This whole people-in-the-house thing was something I would have to get used to. Of everyone that could of come for a visit Tara was the best and worst choice. I mean I was subconsciously hoping she would come. Still knowing me I would probably mess something up. I sighed.

“Sorry to bother you! I just was supposed to see if you wanted to see the lab? It turns out we have to share, but it’s huge so that should be okay.” she said.

“Oh no no trouble at all!” I frantically replied while waving my hands in the air. I guess when I sighed she thought I was annoyed. Then I realized how ridiculous I looked. I put my hands down and cleared my throat. “Ahem. I mean I would love for you to show me the lab.”

She looked relieved. “OKay well follow me.”

I’m ashamed to admit I did enjoy the view on the way to the Lab if you know what I mean. I tried not to obviously stare at her though, but it was extremely hard.

Just as I convinced myself to stop looking she turned around. I don’t know if she caught me, but I’m sure she realized what was going on when I blushed. She blushed too. “Yeah um… we’re here.”

She took me through the grand tour, and she certainly wasn’t exaggerating about the size. It was HUMONGOUS. Still it wasn’t big enough to keep my distance from Tara. Sharing a lab wasn’t really something high on my bucket list. Especially with a girl. No not a girl. The Girl with a capital G! I was such a klutz around her, knocking over several supplies as we toured. Luckily she seemed nervous as well so I didn’t have to worry too much.