The New Beginning

How the Seed of Cain Survived the Great Flood?

As detailed previously both blood lines are fated by Genesis 3:15 to be caught up in a constant state of war for the entirety of the 120 jubilees of the 2nd World Age. Both the giants and the line of Cain were allowed by the Most High to survive the devastating judgment of the flood. The real question is not did the giants and seed of Cain survive the flood but how? I believe that we can look to the Book of Jasher for insight into how to answer this question. But first let us revisit Genesis. According to it, Noah was pure in his generations meaning that he was untainted by the hybrid genetics of the children of Cain and the offspring of the watchers. Whether one believes the story of the preservation of Noah to be regional and only meant to be representative of the story of Israel as the seed the promise; meaning that other groups of people could have also survived the devastation of this flood or whether you interpret the story as being very literal and that without a doubt only Noah and his family survived this devastation, is not something that I will go into great detail upon here.

I will however point out that it is only Noah who is affirmed in Scripture as being pure in his generations. This declaration leaves up for debate as to whether the other members of the family said to be on board with him were ‘clean’ in similar aspect. With that in mind let me now bring forth the story of Noah and his wife, Naamah as cited from the Book of Jasher for your consideration.

According to it, the seed of promise was propagated through Noah’s wife, Naamah, the daughter of Enoch. She is said to have been the mother of Shem and Japheth but not of Ham.

Noah the son of Lamech refrained from taking a wife in those days, to beget children, for he said, Surely now God will destroy the earth, wherefore then shall I beget children? And Noah was a just man, he was perfect in his generation, and the Lord chose him to raise up seed from his seed upon the face of the earth. 14 And the Lord said unto Noah, Take unto thee a wife, and beget children, for I have seen thee righteous before me in this generation. 15 And thou shalt raise up seed, and thy children with thee, in the midst of the earth; and Noah went and took a wife, and he chose Naamah the daughter of Enoch, and she was five hundred and eighty years old. 17 And Naamah conceived and bare a son, and he called his name Japheth, saying, God has enlarged me in the earth; and she conceived again and bare a son, and he called his name Shem, saying, God has made me a remnant, to raise up seed in the midst of the earth. 18 And Noah was five hundred and two years old when Naamah bare Shem, and the boys grew up and went in the ways of the Lord, in all that Methuselah and Noah their father taught them. – The Book of Jasher 5:12-18

Reading this passage carefully, it is important to note that there is an Enoch listed in both the lineages of Adam and Cain, and that determining which Enoch of which bloodline Jasher 5 is referencing is the first thing that must be figured out. The other thing that must be considered is whether a Naamah existed in both seed-lines that of Adam and Cain, as there seems to be a repeated usage of names for both sides? I believe there is a Naamah from both lines even though the lineages in Genesis 4 and 5 only list Naamah in Cain’s line as the daughter of Lamech and twin sister of Tubal-Cain.

I believe this verse, ‘he chose Naamah the daughter of Enoch,’ infers that there is a Naamah incorporated into the line of Adam, which is missing from the genealogical record of Genesis 5, which as chapter is where the children born of Adam through Seth are listed in successive generations. The reason I am insinuating such premise is because Naamah in that verse is cited, as ‘the daughter of Enoch’ which if she were the daughter of the Enoch born of Cain, she would be very much older than Noah, since that Enoch was Cain’s first born sired 9 generations prior to the time and life of Noah.