I'm Sorry

Kellin's//

I rang his door bell. "Hey, Kellin." Mike said. "Hey, uh , can I talk to Vic?" I asked. He nodded.

It's been a two weeks since the incident at lunch and it looks like Mike had took my advice, giving me the credit.

I walked to Vic room and opened the door slowly. He was holding a guitar. He looked up and smiled. "Hey." He said.

I waved, "you play?" I asked. "A little. But I can't hear it so what's the point of it?" He asked.

I sat down on his bed, "you doing okay?" He sighed. "I'm gonna do the surgery." He said.

"Really? Is this what you want?" I asked. He looked at me with glassy eyes. "I don't know. It just, it looks like everyone wants me to do it. A small part of me wants to. I haven't heard anything since I was three years old. I wish I never got sick. I want to hear my voice, Kellin. I want to hear yours. But I want to stay true to myself. I just don't know." He said.

"Vic, you know...there's a lot to come to with this. I'm not picking sides, but just think. You could hear. You could actually hear. You could hear me. All I've wanted since I met you, was for you to hear me. It was selfish and dumb. But you could. You are you, Vic. Whether you're deaf or hearing. You'll still like the same things. You might even like the sound of water, who knows. You haven't heard for so long, that you probably forgot what things sound like." I said.

He nodded, "I know everything makes a sound. I just don't want kind. I want to do it. I want to hear you." He said, a tear falling.

"I like you. I want you to know. I like you." I said. I actually loved him, I didn't want to pull out the big L yet.

He smiled, "I like you too." He said.

"To think, I might not need to sign anymore." He said.

"You should still sign. It'll be funny to trick people. Make them feel bad. I don't, I feel like since we know sign language, we should use it to our advantage." I said.

He shook his head, "maybe one day but let's not now." He said. I nodded, "what did you come here for in the first place?" He asked.

"um, so I just wanted to get to know you. I don't know much, but Mike told me why you guys switched school and I don't know anything else. You don't really know me either."

"Wait, he told you...why we switched?"He asked. I nodded.

"You weren't supposed to know. No one was supposed to know. He must've told you that day that when I shut down. He wasn't supposed to do that." He said, looked at the ceiling.

Once he looked at me, I grabbed his cold, soft hands. "Vic, it's okay. I don't judge people. I'm happy you left. The fact that you got hurt there, it make my blood boil. I don't get it, why pick on a kid because he can't hear? It's stupid really. But you're okay. And that's all that matters." I said.

"You know, my tragic story of bullying. What about yours." He asked.

"Mines rather triggering." I said.

"Even more reason that I should know." He said looking concerned.

"So it started in 8th grade. I came out. I was sick if the shame I felt hiding from my friends and family. The very next that I came to school, I didn't make to third hour. I could breathe... I never thought that if I did the right thing, it would lead to that. My mom always taught me...to follow my heart and I did. I don't do that anymore." I exhaled a shaky breath.

"From 8th to 10th grade I got bullied severely. In those years, I had picked up the addiction of self harm, panic disorder, severe depression and I was put in a mental hospital twice. I had attempted suicide at least five times. My life was mess. My mom had gotten a new boyfriend after my dad died in 9th grade. She told me while in the hospital, how caring and loving he was. I though we found the guy. The one that would make my family while again." I shook my head, tears falling done my cheeks.