Chapter 9: We're just friends...right?

ABBY’S POV:

“Stop being so nosy, Emma!” I rolled my eyes. “But, seriously, you gotta tell me like now! Come on, I’m desperate!” She pulled my arm. “Ow! Stop it Emma, you look and sound like a child.” She rolled her eyes. “Ugh, fine! Don’t tell me, but soon or later you will, Abby.” I nodded. “Sure…” She smiled. “You will.” She finished my sentence. “You’re so childish! You so fit Niall.” I laughed. “Thanks!” I was now shocked at her admitting she likes Niall. “OMG! I can’t believe that Emma Roberts just admitted she likes Niall Horan! OMG!” She scoffed. “I what? I did not!” I smirked. “Did so.” She rolled her eyes. “Fine, maybe a little.” I nodded. And with that we entered the class. This time I was Liam free. I had Emma and Zayn.

Zayn waved at me and gestured me to sit beside him, I nodded.

“Hello, babe.” He said. “Hey Zayn.” I smiled. “Are you ok?” I looked confused at him. “Yeah. Why?” He shrugged his shoulders. “Just curious.” He reassured me with a simple, but effective smile. The whole hour was…er…let’s just say ‘ok’. Emma sat down with a girl named….Carol. I don’t know where I’ve seen her before. Strange, isn’t it?

I was walking to my locker when suddenly I bump into someone, I look up…. And here it is…..ugh…..Carol.

Yes, it had to be her. My enemy…why, God, why?

She covered her mouth with one hand trying to look as sweet as possible. “Oops.” I rolled my eyes. “Hey, Carol. What brings you here?” I ask. She rolls her eyes. “Why do you mind…Abby?” She rolls her eyes, and hits her shoulder with mine. “Bye loser!” She says and walks away. That….breathe Abby, breathe. Ok, let’s just imagine that never happened. The more attention I put in her the more bad things are going to happen. And I’m not here for that, that’s for sure.

I unlocked my locker and as usual, found a letter. ‘Abby, I never knew if you liked the way that I’m trying to get you. Once I get to letter #90 I’ll tell you who I am. I hope you’re dying to know, as I am. I love you and always will. You’re beautiful. –Your lovely but still secret admirer. Xx ;)’

Aw…wasn’t that so cute and adorable? Someone poked my shoulder. “Hey Abby!” It was Liam. “Hey baby Payne! I missed you.” I said and hugged him at the same time. He smiled. “Another letter? Can I read it?” I nodded and hand it to him. The expression on his face changed… it was now surprised. “Whoa, letter #90? That’s long enough.” He winks. “Yeah. I think I might just wait for my longing prince.” I said with a following sigh. He laughs. Oh his laugh is so adorable. Wait what? Did I just say that? Good I didn’t say it out loud. “Aw…you two look so adorable.” I turn to look at Emma. “Thanks Emma.” Said Liam. I wink at her; she nods and keeps on eating her snack before entering the classroom.

I sat in between them. “So… we’re adorable?” Liam said to me. I smiled. “Sure, baby Payne.” I nodded and chuckled. Liam handed me a note. ‘Have plans today?’ I sighed. I wrote in reply ‘Sorry, Emma and I are going to the mall.’ I gave it back. I saw when his face rapidly became into a frown. Although, Emma and I weren’t going anywhere today, I just wanted an excuse to go and see this unknown person who sent me this message. I wanted it to be just a secret.

I went back to my locker and took out some books, when a letter fell. Two letters in one day? I like that. I opened it. ‘You drive me insane, Abby. You’re beautiful and enough that the whole planet loves you. You have a smile that only heaven can make. Love, your secret admirer xx’

Now this one made me smile. Then Liam came. “Hey, another letter?” He gestured the letter. I nodded. “I know, right? Amazing. This is so good improvement.” I laughed and walked outside school with Liam, Emma and Zayn. I wanted to ask Emma why was she with…my enemy. So I went up to her. “Hey, Emma. Can I talk to you for a second?” She nodded and I dragged her into a more private place. “Who’s this Carol?” I tried to look like I was confused. “Seriously? You’re asking me who Carol is when we talked about you the whole class? I don’t want to talk about it.” She walked away. Luckily, I grabbed her. “Oh no, you are not going anywhere, missy. Tell me.” She sighed. “Ok. I’ll tell you, but it’s going to take some time, so have a seat.” I sat down and she did too.

LIAM’S POV:

I looked at Zayn, who was already looking at me… deviously. “What’s up?” I ask trying to be friendly again. “Nothing, just waiting until you understand that Abby is not yours.” He said. I nod. “Ah… you want to play this game? Bring it on!” I said.

EMMA’S POV:

“So, she said that you two were best friends until you stole her boyfriend, I didn’t believe her. I thought she was the one with that personality. I just wanted to make that clear. Were you or not?” I finally finish. Abby sighed. “No I wasn’t. She pretended to be my friend just to get her goal… my boyfriend. And she did, she won.” She frowned; tears started streaming down her face. “Oops, shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry Abby.” I said and hugged me, I hugged her back.

ZAYN’S POV:

*Over Phone*

“So is she coming?”

“Yes, that’s for sure.”

“Good.”

“Ok, let me just give it some more touches and I will be done when you arrive.”

“Ok and thanks again. Bye!” And with that I hung up.

LIAM’S POV:

Where are the girls? Seriously, they went to talk and it’s been like an hour. I called her twice and she didn’t respond. Was she mad with me? I need to drive her home. It’s my job for a whole month and not to mention she’s the prize.

ABBY’S POV:

“Emma, I need to go, ok? Talk to you later?” I walked away and found Liam. “Liam!” I call. He turns around and smiles. “Hello. Ready to go?” I nod and get into his car. “Thanks, Liam.” I say. “What for?” He asks. “For waiting for me.” He smiles. “Whenever you need me, I’ll be there.” I smile. “Promise?” He nods. “Promise.”