Bloody Waltz

The night was peaceful, calm the wind blowing quietly outside his window. Never in a million years did he suspect that this tranquil night would turn into the worst night of his life. Roxas was a young boy about the age of 12; soft blonde hair falling about his face in graceful spikes, his eyes could outdo even the bluest of oceans. Roxas jerked up in his bed as heard a pain filled scream come from downstairs. “W-what was that?” He asked to himself. He arose from his bed quietly as if trying to not gather attention to him. He poked his head out of his door looking around for anyone who may be walking by but there is no one. No sounds not even the maid could be heard in the kitchen. This scared the young Roxas. He tiptoed down the winding staircase and walked into the kitchen expecting to find the maid busy at her work. However she was nowhere to be seen. Slowly the young boy found the courage to speak. “Mina where are you? A-are you in here?” the boy gasped and turned around to look behind him as he heard something crash to the floor with a thud in the next room.

He ran from the kitchen and rushed into his younger sister’s room. He swung the door opened and screamed. His sister, his kind and loving little sister was laying on her bed dying. She looked as if a wolf had mauled her. Her neck was ripped open blood still pouring from then wound. Her eyes wide and filled with fear as they stared at Roxas as if silently asking for help. “N-n-NAMINE!” He screamed as he ran to his sister’s side. He pulled the dead bleeding girl into his arm shaking her violently. She turned her head slowly to Roxas her eyes losing more life by each passing second. Her mouth open as if she was trying to speak but all that came from her mouth was a blood filled cough. Some of the blood splashed onto Roxas’s face.  The young girl slowly lifted her hand to grip Roxas’s shoulder. She pushed against his shoulder weakly. Roxas looked at the bleeding body of his sister trying to piece together what had just happened. She looked into his eyes knowing she couldn’t speak she let her hand fall to the small puddle of blood that formed underneath her. She used her finger to write a warning to her brother. ‘Run’ is what the writing in blood read. She barely had the strength to finish the sign before her body went limp. Her head fell back against Roxas’s arm. He started to shake her again but there was no response from the poor girl. Roxas dropped her body to the bed backing away from her. He shook his back no wanting to face the fact that his beloved sister was in fact dead.

Covering his mouth in fear feeling hot tears fall down his face before he even realized that he was crying. He dashes out of his sister’s room and speeds his way up to his parent’s room. “Mother, Father its Namine s-she’s….” he dies mid-sentence when he burst into his parent’s room to find them sprawled on the floor in a pool of blood, their heads missing. The room was covered in blood, the walls, the floor even the ceiling dripping with his parents blood.  He gags falling to the floor as he releases the contents of his stomach. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand shaking violently in fear trying to put all of this together. “What the hell could have done this?” He asks himself. He slowly stands finding strength to walk down the stairs to the living area of his house. He had to find Mina. ‘She had to still be alive, please let her still be alive!’ he screams to himself hoping that maybe he was not alone to face whoever….or whatever it was that was doing all of this. Once he makes it to the living room he places his hand on the doorway about to turn around the corner before a scream stops him dead in his tracks. He can hear a body fall to the ground. He turn the corner slightly to look into the room keeping a hand over his mouth to stifle a scream as he see the maid’s dead body on the ground her head completely twisted around. Her lifeless eyes looking straight into his own.  He turns back around the corner and he leans against the wall tearing now flowing freely down his cheeks. His heart pounds in his chest as he slides down the wall until he rests on the floor holding a hand over his heart. Deep fear settles in his heart as he hears whoever it is in the living area walk around. The killer, the monster who had just taken everything from him was still here, and he was in striking distance. He feels a scream rise in his throat as he hears the person coming closer to him. He now uses both hands to cover his mouth trying to stop his scream.