Too Much

Sirens screech down the street. A kid wonders who called the cops this time. Hoping her parents are going away. Her mother comes to knock her back down when the cops bust through the door. They take the little girl away, leaving the parents screaming at them. She thinks she's going to a better place but sadly she's wrong.

She's in a foster home a couple years later,she's older now. Knowing pain more than anything. Her new parents treat her worse than the last ones. They burn and bruise her until the cops save her just before a knife gets stabbed into her chest for talking back.

Another year passes, she's 15 now. These parents are the worst. She's been to the hospital for 'falling down the stairs' and 'running into doors'. She speaks to no one. One night her father is about to kick her in the ribs. Something new takes over her, she punches him in the eye. He stares at her before taking a blunt object to her head, taking her out.

When she wakes there's two new parents in the hospital room. This time, she thinks, this time it  will be different. Again she is wrong, for they beat her near to death. On her 17th birthday they go too far and she can't take any more abuse. When her mother comes at her with a knife she grabs another from the counter. Just as the knife misses the girl's arm, she stabs her mother in the neck. The woman is now bleeding to death when her husband walks into the room. She fought back as hard as she could. Luck is on her side today, or so she thinks, for both of them are now dead on the floor.

Even with them gone she still feels the pain inside. She feels awful for taking two lives, even if they deserved it. She hears the far too familiar sound of cop sirens. The ones that started this all that time ago. She takes a paper writing her goodbye to the world. The bloody knife still in her hand she stabs it into her leg. Why did she do it? Simple answer really. She had too much.