Chapter 21 - Who will never meet their ends

“What?” Sam asked, confused and fearful.

“We’re so sorry, mistress. We tried, we really tried, but it was futile. There were to many of them and we were all split for each other. Toby and I died, mistress.” Owen said, looking down in shame.

“But…wh-?” Sam was still confused, not understanding the situation clearly.

“We were all out for  5 minutes, but then when we woke, we had no wounds. We assumed it was the regeneration that started. But it’s been hours now, and nothing has happened yet. We think that it takes longer because we’re 7.” Allen told her. Sam ran her hands through her hair and across her face, thinking.

“I felt it. I didn’t know what it was. Oh my… Okay, um. Since we’re going to regenerate, and since there’s 7 of us, maybe we should go somewhere else. Somewhere to create the memory.” Sam suggested and they nodded.

“It was what we were thinking, mistress.” Simon spoke for them all. Sam nodded.

“And I think I know the place.” She said and walked over to the console, the others following. Sam entered the coordinates, he others not seeing but knowing. The blue in the cylinders flew up and down as they piloted. Once they have landed, Sam took a deep breathe to calm herself

“You guys might not change faces or personalities, you know.” Sam said as she looked to the door.

“Mistress?” Owen asked, confused.

“Regeneration changes a Time Lord’s appearance and personality. I don’t know what will happen to you guys, since you’re not Time Lords, not even part.” She explained before descending down the stairs.

“I don’t know how long it will be until we regenerate, but I believe we have a few things to say. Hm?” She said, looking over her shoulder at them. They nodded. They all followed Sam to the door. She opened it, revealing the white clouds.

“Oh no, I’m going to have to walk on these things again.” Toby said, groaning. Sam chuckled and took a careful step on the cloud. She took another step when she was used to it once more. She heard a thump and turned to see Toby laying on the cloud. He groaned in annoyance. Allen and Owen walked over to his sides and helped him onto his feet.

“Let’s go then.” Roni said and they all started to walk to their destination. The green grass, the flower bushed surrounding it, a bird bath with the ‘bond’ inside. Where else would they go then the place that brought them together? Toby stumbled a few times as they walked, finding it hard to walk on something that is not a solid. It may not be solid, but the cloud wasn’t a gas as well. A cloud you can walk on. It fascinated Sam. When the green grass appeared in their sight, Toby started running towards it. He fell halfway, though. Sam jogged over to him. She helped him up, only for him to start running again. He jumped onto the grass once he reached it, only for him to fell into a bush, unstable on the sudden solid. Everyone carefully stepped onto the grass, careful to not fall over like Toby had.

“You’ve returned! The honest ones!” Came from the glowing bird bath, but this time in a child’s voice. Sam smiled as she stepped over to it, looking inside the bird bath.

“We came here to change.”

“Change? You want to change the bond?” She heard a confused voice and she shook her head.

“That’s not what I mean. This is the place we came together as one. We are going to regenerate soon.” She explained.

“And you want it to be here? You’re making this the place of your greatest memories?” She nodded. A chuckle came from the bird bath. Sam turned around and sat down, the rest following suite.

“What do we do now, mistress?” Simon questioned.

“We should talk about our lives, so that we could remember. Something that stood out, something that makes this generation unique.” Sam said and they all went into thought.

“The first face this face saw was the Lord President’s. That will haunt me.” Sam said and some chuckled.

“First face? Hm, not sure. Kovarian maybe.” Allen said,  not exactly sure.

“Other Silence.” Roni said.

“Same.” Toby agreed.

“A human’s.” Owen told them.

“The High Elder.” Simon answered.

“Some Ood.” Vincent said, scoffing.

“The last faces are yours, and the first will also be yours.” Sam said with a small smile.

“This might be our first regeneration, but it will always mean much more to you, mistress.” Owen said and she frowned.

“Why do you think that?”

“Because you are a Time Lord, mistress. 900 years which you survived without regenerating, something other Time Lords find difficult to achieve.” Roni said.

“But I was locked away for 700 years.” She reasoned.

“That doesn’t matter.” Toby said.

“How old are you now, mistress? Precisely? You must know, right? Mistress?” Simon questioned and she smiled.

“213 years of my life on Gallifrey. 708 on Saxlama. 5 on the Ood Sphere, and 13 travelling.” She explained.

“So that’s?” Toby asked.

“939.” She said, a little embarrassed.  

“How do you remember?” Allen asked her.

“I write it all down. I don’t want to be one of those Time Lords who forgets everything, especially my age.” She explained and nodded. She looked up at the sky, which was a light purple colour.

“I know what will stand out the most of this life.” She said.

“What?” Toby asked her.

“You guys, of course.” She said looking at them.

“The day my life began with you guys, when I met Owen and Simon, was the day I became Sam. That will always be my most memorable moment.” She said and looked at them with a true smile.

“I am Sam.” She said, before it started. Their hands glowed simultaneously. Sam smiled and held her hands out, Vincent and Toby taking them. They all joined hands and looked up at the sky. Their vision turned yellow as a circle of energy flew up into the sky. 1 regeneration was bad enough, but 7? It would’ve destroyed the TARDIS completely. The energy looked like an alien abduction from far, it was that powerful. Sam’s vision blurred and her hands left the two ones she held previously. She fell down onto the grass, her vision going dark. The last thing she saw was the colour orange. . .

THE END

Alright! Thanks! Next bookhas been posted. I'll put up a link and a description on here as well. The book's name will be 'Anew'.