Chapter4

Okay Y'all, im going to switch around some parts, i know, some parts are gonna be completely different then the t.v. series.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

+continuing 3 months after Invasion+

Finally, Hal and Ben showed up, and I took off on my fourwheeler with Ben on the back incase we needed to use gunfire, and Karen and Hal both went ahead of us on motorcycles. We cut through the forest across from the school, and I felt my hair rapidly smacking Ben's face from the wind. "Jeez, Carter, ever think of chopping those annoying locks of yours off?" He joked, and I turned around to stick my tongue out a Ben, but what I didn't hear was Karen and Hal's crys to stop and turn around.

With no warning, we were hit almost-straight-on by a Mech's shot.

If you don't know what a Mech is, it's a Skitter's robot-looking  killing machine. They do some of their "dirty-work", so to speak.

Ben flew over my head and the fourwheeler rolled and I got trapped and smashed under the fourwheeler, just as a Skitter came out from behind the tree. I could see Karen and Hal hiding quietly behind a tree, trying their hardest not to be seen. I felt blood making its way down my fourhead and my leg's and neck had huge searing pains in them; even worse from when I was the flyer in cheer during school years, In eighth grade I got dropped during a complicated stunt.

I saw Ben's eyes widen as the Skitter came closer and closer to him, it's slimy hands making it's way around Ben's torso and I saw Ben shake his long hair, a thing he's made a habit of for when he's nervous. Then it hit me; I started to have a panic attack and hypervenalate, my palms got sweaty and I couldn't see exactly straight, But I could make out Hal's warning. He knows that Ben's going to get Harnessed, but we can't do anything now, unless we all wanted to get captured...But I wouldnt really mind, as long as I was with Ben, I know, It sounds retarded, but I was really close to him, no matter the lengths of his nerdiness.

I tried getting up, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get out from under the fourwheeler without anyones help. Hal sent me another stern look as I opened my mouth to scream to distract the skitter, but then Ben looked at me, and mouthed 'Don't Carter. Don't even try.' I never went against Ben's word, so hesitantly, I lifted up my hand that wasn't weak and sore, and covered my mouth along with tears threatning to spill over.

Ben backed his head away as far as he could from the intimidating Skitter; we couldn't save Ben now. Ben nervously smiled at us before the Skitter crawled away, but I saw through Ben's eyes he was scared he wouldn't see us again; which none of us new for sure yet.

The Skitter disappeared with Ben in its hands through the trees. Ten minutes after they left, Karen and Hal started quickly making their way over to me, but I could feel myself blacking out. "Carter! Oh my God, Carter!" Karen said as they rolled the fourwheeler off of me. "Oh God, we have to get her to Anne!" Hal yelled looking at me worriedly. Karen nodded and they carefully picked me up like I was the most fragile thing in the world these days.

They tried situating me on the bike but whatever position they put me in, It would cause more aching. After a while of trying different positions, they tried to see if the fourwheeler worked well enought to get me back, It did but we had less people, and we can't afford to leave a bike or two here. Hal let out a frustrated sigh and asked "Karen, do you know our exact location?" She nodded, probably not feeling the need to speak after the event at hand, like me. "Go back, get a truck, and come back. Take the fourwheeler, and we'll load the bikes onto the truck. Go!" he said in a rush, and I could feel more blood soaking through my hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My the time Karen was back with a flat bed truck, I could barely see and my vision was blurry. Hal hoisted up my 120 pound slim body and layed me carefully in the back seat while karen put the bikes in the back of the truck. I could see my blood staining the cheap leather seats slowly. "Hal," I whispered painfully, "my head hurts" I finished, groaning. "I know baby girl, I know." He said frowning.

Before I knew it, we were pulling up to the school. "ANNE! SOMEBODY GET ANNE!" Karen yelled as Anne's 2nd hand "nurse", Lourdes, came up gasping at the sight of me. "ANNE!" She yelled.

And that's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

(PICTURE OF LOURDES AND ANNE ON THE SIDE, AND SONG OF THE CHAPTER)