Chapter 2 PART ONE

I sit on the grass and stare up at the stars. Tomorrow summer vacation would start. Tomorrow I'd start a new and forget about the troubles this past year has brought.

Smiling at the thought of summer, I flop onto my back and close my eyes. A warm breeze brushes against my bare skin and plays with my hair.

Yup. This summer would be great, I can just feel it.

I stay in that position until my back gets sore from the ground and my skin cold from the night air. Standing up I shake myself off and head back into my house. My smile is replaced with a frown when I step inside. A dead silence fills the air and a pang of loneliness causes me to fish out the necklace hidden in my shirt and clutch at is. The feel of the tanzanite gem (a blue, purple gemstone) digging into my palm brings with it a familiar feeling of peace that washes over me and chances away the old memories and thoughts.

No, I would not think of them, starting tomorrow I would have fun and 'they' would not ruin it!

Shaking my head I run up stairs and flop onto my bed, burying my body under the covers. Forcing myself to think nice thoughts, I soon find myself asleep. But then, of course, I find myself trapped in dream land.

~~DREAM~~ "Robin, why are you all by yourself?" A kind voice calls out. I turn this way and that, swiveling my head to find the voice, but I see no one. I am surrounded by darkness. An empty, dead darkness.

"Why are you by yourself Robin?" I start trying to move towards the voice. When I find my body stuck in place I start shouting only to find my voice not coming out.

"Where are all your friends?" The voice stops for a second and when it starts again it's panicky. "Robin? Where are you?"

"Robin? Robin?!" I try calling again. Who are you? Where are you?

"ROBIN!! ROBIN?!" The voice starts sobbing, a sound that wrenches at my heart.