7

Chapter 7

“Wake up human.”

I jolt up from where I lay, William looks down on me.

“Good. Now that you’re awake, you can make yourself useful. I hadn’t realized how inconvenient it would be to transport an unconscious human on and off of a place.”

“Plane?”

“What did I tell you about speaking out of turn?” He grips the hair at the base of my neck tightly, and lowers himself to a kneeling position beside me. “No matter, I’m hungry, and discipline can wait.” He adds, sweeping a few stray strands away from my neck.

His gloves are on, but the minute his lips touch my neck, the sparks are back. I don’t even feel his bite until after he begins to drink. It’s excruciating but pleasurable at the same time, each time he draws hard at my blood, I moan. When he’s had his fill, he licks his chops like a lion.

“It seems you’ve enjoyed that as much as I did. How very interesting. I’ve lived for more than a thousand years in this form, and not once have I been interested in a human as more than a source of food. I’ve never felt such energy or such emotion during a reading, so perhaps that is why.” He murmurs, and since I’m not sure if it’s to himself or directed at me I say nothing.

“Well there’s no point in delaying your introduction to my home. Come along, human.” He extends a gloved hand to help me up from the sofa. I follow him from what looks to be a den.

“I expect you to obey me better than you did Maxwell, I have very little patience for impertinence. Many of my rules are probably similar to Maxwell’s, though there will be a few changes. First, you will share my quarters with me, I expect you to be respectful of my belongings.” He continues with various arbitrary rules that I’m supposed to follow. Everything here seems to be made of stone: big blocks of cold, worn out stone. It’s as pleasant as a crypt, which I guess would appeal to the creature walking ahead of me, but it’s cold and damp, and poorly lit. I can only guess that it’s probably an old medieval castle if I go strictly based on appearances. A great wooden door stands at the end of the corridor, and William pushes it open.

“These are my chambers.” He says, giving me a moment to absorb my surroundings.

The room is large and extravagant, if a bit archaic. A fire roars in the hearth, a massive bearskin rug spread out on the floor before it.

“You will sleep there, unless I desire otherwise.” He gestures to the rug.

A bearskin rug? How am I supposed to sleep on that thing when it’s staring at me?

“You will sleep on it, and you will like it. There is a washroom beyond that door; it is the only other room you may go to without my permission. While you’re in my company, I should wish that you wore nothing. If, and when I take you out, I will have appropriate clothing set out for you. Do you have any questions?”

“Actually, I have quite a few. If I am not to speak unless spoken to, how am I supposed to get permission to leave the room?”

“That is exactly the point. I do not wish for you to leave this room. If I want to take you somewhere, I will, but otherwise you will remain here.”

“What about meals?”

“They will be brought to you.”

“Where exactly are we?”

“Romania.”

“Isn’t that a bit cliché?”

He snorts.

“Vlad Tepes had nothing on us. I was here long before he existed anyway.”

“Why does it feel like an electric current when you touch me with bare skin?”

“It is difficult to explain. Think of it as a sort of energy transfer. This is why I wear gloves, touching others is generally a very unpleasant experience.”

“Will I ever be allowed to see Master Wyatt again?”

“We shall see, human.”

“Okay, last question, why do I have to be naked?”

“It is what I wish. Are you shy, human?” A gloved fingertip traces its way along my jawline.

“I don’t even know you, Master. I do not even know how to address you. Master? Master William? Supreme Overlord? Something else?”

“You may call me Master William. Now, go bathe yourself.” He turns me towards the bathroom.

“Yes Master William.” I reply and do as told.

The bathroom is surprisingly modern, there’s a tiled shower stall with a frosted glass door, and I take my time using it. Master Wyatt is all that is on my mind. I spoke out of anger, and threw his words back at him. I wish I had acted with more dignity. I hope that he can forgive my anger.

When I finish, I comb my hair and braid it down my back, then wrap the towel tight around me before going back into Master William’s room. He’s lounging sideways in an upholstered wingback chair near the fireplace when I enter. For someone who has lived longer than a millennium, he certainly acts much like the teenager he appears to be. The only light comes from the hearth; Master William’s face is cast deep in shadows, but his black irises glow red as they focus on me.

“I believe I made myself perfectly clear earlier. Discard the towel.” I had hoped he was kidding, but I should know by now that a vampire’s sense of humor is dry and dark.

I turn away from him, and let the towel pool around my feet. William is at my side, whispering in my ear.

“Do not be shy child.” I close my eyes, lift my chin, and pretend it is Master Wyatt making the request. “There’s not much to you, is there? You are so very petite.”

I shrug, unsure of whether or not I can respond, or even how I would. Cool leather slides its way down my spine, making my hair stand on end, and making the chill more evident. The gloved hand gives my butt a hard squeeze, and I jump from it’s grasp, William laughs at my obvious discomfort.

“Why are you so modest, slave?”

“Why shouldn’t I be modest? My parents raised me to be that way, and being a slave for a few months isn’t going to change that.” Master Wyatt has been the only one to touch me, and this…This is unwanted. I flinch, expecting a slap or something, but William does nothing.

“That explains quite a bit about your wild behavior. Has he really been the only one?”

“…Julius tried. He almost succeeded, but I killed him.”

“You will get used to me touching you soon enough. Your energy is delicious.” That impish smile appears.

“I thought it was unpleasant?”

“It often is, but your energy…it’s soft but lively.” He uses his teeth to pull each of his fingers from his gloves, and then tosses the pair to the floor. When his fingertips touch my neck, they shower my skin with sparks of his powerful energy. The more he touches me, the hotter his energy blazes until it completely overwhelms my senses. His arm slides around my waist, pulling me against him. Pleasure and pain flood over me as he begins to drink, while guiding me down to the floor. I cannot handle the barrage of sensations anymore, and black out.