Part 47

His eyes stayed trained on her as he took a few step towards the table.

Pulu's lips fumbled a bit to utter something but even her mind was blank looking at her husband's sober yet serious face that was not screaming out his being mad but it was.

She kept looking at him with anticipations thinking of him screaming at her any moment now. She stayed looking at him until his calm yet stern voice reached her ears.

"What are you doing?"

"I..."

She opened her mouth but before she could say anything the person across her sit stood up.

"Long time Anindya."

Shuvro smirked making Butu jolt his face at him. The scenario made Tuli and Shuvro gingerly return at the table as well. With thumping loud heart they looked at the two former, self declared arch rivals.

'Don't do anything.' Shuvro murmured inwardly with aghast eyes.

"Don't worry your wife has nothing to do with me being here. I was here with Shuvro on the project and came here just to pick up some food." Ratul took a stride towards Butu who was looking away from him clenching his jaw. He couldn't believe what was infront of him!

"And now I will be leaving." Ratul continued, "Poulee, always a pleasure." He spoke to Pulu with a smile and walked ahead. But before he left he paused infront of Butu to say "Congratulations by the way. I heard about the baby. Try not to fuck this relationship. Best of luck."

"I didn't know he was here." Pulu murmured to break the a never-ending moments of silent. She took her husbands right palm that was clenched in a tight fits and unfolded the fingers one by one gently with soothing touch.

But Butu was not looking at her. His burning eyes were looking at Shuvro who was sweating furiously even under the air-condition.

"You were staying with him?"

The hiss came out like a arrow at Shuvro.

"I-I..." he tried to answer but Butu was not even in a mood to hear it.

"Are you done here? Or you have more people to meet?" He growled at his wife.

"I am done." With a meek voice she answered his glare before tailing behind him outside.

*

"I told you, its not a good idea to stay with him." Shuvro sighed looking sitting at the chair of the restaurant. Butu had left with his wife not even bothering for the rest of the two to join.

"Its not about that." Tuli sighed.

"Then what is? He is no one to judge who I work with! I didn't judge him who his stayed in hostel with." Words were out before he could stop. With guilt in his eyes he looked at her "I didn't mean..."

"Oh but you did judge him. You judged all of us Shuvro." Not letting him to finish his apology she spoke.

"So now he is taking revenge?"

"You know what the thing is? You both are more or like same."

"When have you seen me bitching about you my wife?"

Tuli looked up at his irritated face as like a stone the fact hit her.

"And when have you seen me with that much of temper?" He argued again. "I didn't judge Tuli, I was scared, angry and sad for loosing everyone I love. I know it was thought of Butu and me being inseparable that made us one-being and me invisible when he left..."