Nightmares

Summary: Gamora shows up at Peter's door late one night with a dilemma.

Warnings: Fluff, none

'Knock, knock, knock'

Peter groaned as he rolled over in bed, annoyed that he had been woken up from his sleep. He checked the clock, only to find it was two something in the morning.

Getting out of bed, he didn't bother putting on a shirt. Whoever woke him up could deal with the fact that he was shirtless. Besides, it wasn't like he wasn't wearing pants right?

'Knock, knock, knock'

"Rocket, I swear if that's you-" Peter opened the door to reveal a distraught Gamora.

"Gamora? What's wr-" He didn't even get the rest of the question out of his mouth before Gamora slammed her body into his, giving him a tight hug.

Ever since Gamora and Peter had started dating, there were small hugs and kisses here and there. Or you know, intense make out sessions or whatever. But nothing quite like this. Neither one of them had shown up at the others door late at night just for a hug.

Especially since Gamora wasn't a hugger. She didn't show affection that way much. She showed affection by punching Peter in the stomach, or slapping his arm when he did something stupid.

Peter had to admit this was nice though. The girl he loved was now in his arms, holding on tightly as tears fell on his bare shoulder.

Wait a second.... Tears.... Gamora never cried. At least not where Peter saw. This was just taken to a whole new level.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked confused as to why his girlfriend was now crying.

Gamora pulled away before looking Peter in the eyes. "I.... I thought I lost you. I had to make sure you were okay."

Ohhhh.... He got it now. She had had a nightmare about him.

"You had a nightmare?" Peter asked and she nodded.

Normally, nightmares would not faze Gamora. The former assassin was not a stranger to the dreams, especially because of all the things she had seen when she was younger. But this, this was different. Someone she loved, someone she truly cared about had died in her dream. And she had to make sure he was okay in real life.

"Gamora, come here," Peter pulled her towards his bed, which she also wasn't unfamiliar with, and sat her down. "I'm okay. Everything's okay," he said.

Gamora nodded but continued to be if her boyfriend. "It, it was awful Peter. They were killing everyone. I couldn't...... I couldn't save you," She said.

Peter understood the pain she was going through. He had many nightmares about her as well. "But you did save me. You saved me from what I was becoming. Without you, I'd never be here, right here, with you. None of this would have happened if you hadn't kicked me in the stomach and took the orb away," He said.

She smiled slightly. "Thank you Peter," Gamora said.

"No problem," he said before yawning.

"You may go back to bed," She said standing up. Peter hesitated before nodding. Gamora watched him as he crawled back under the covers. She waited for a moment, before speaking his name again. "Peter..."

Peter turned to her. "Yeah?"

"May I..... May I sleep with you?" Gamora asked, just wanting to be comforted.

He froze and then nodded. "Sure. Come on," he patted the side of the bed and she smiled, climbing into the soft bed.

"I love you," she said yawning.

Peter brushed some hair out of her face before kissing her nose. "I love you too."

In the morning, Rocket decided to get Starlord's lazy butt out of bed. "Yo, Peter," he walked in to see Gamora and Peter sleeping together, limbs entwined.

"Well, I'll be," Rocket shook his head and closed the door after leaving the room.

"Where is Quill?" Drax asked as Rocket returned to where the other two were.

"He's gonna be a while," Rocket said winking at them.

"I am groot," Groot said.

"You got that right Groot," Rocket nodded. Drax laughed as they continued eating their breakfast.