Chapter 3 - Felicity Jones

The worst part of public school, Jellybean decided, was the bus. The whole concept seemed disgusting to her. A bunch of stuck up brats, and annoying jocks, stuck in one place, and then you hand them perfume and axe deodorant? No thanks, was the only thought Jellybean could associate with the idea.

              "So, where'd you come from?" Olivia kept on yapping. She reminded Jellybean of her neighbor's chihuahua in Toledo.

"Toledo, it's in Ohio. But I was raised here."

"Oh, really? How come I've never seen you."

"Only lived in my dad's trailer for a few months before my mom moved, and took me with her."

"Your parents are separated?"

Separated, the word made it seem so much nicer than what really happened.

Jellybean decided she no longer wanted to talk about her personal life with a mere stranger, and put in her earbuds. Olivia continued to talk, but Jellybean just pointed to her earbuds, faked a smile, and looked out the window.

"Fine, Felicity."

"Please don't call me that."

"Fine, JUSTIN BIEBER."

Jellybean wasn't fond of the nickname, but giggled all the same.

***

Once Jellybean got to school, Olivia told her she had to register.

"Yeah, you'll get a little laminated piece of paper with your name on it, since we haven't gotten spring semester ID cards yet-"

"ID cards?" Jellybean was confused, they didn't have ID cards at the school she went to in Toledo. Thought it was an unnecessary cost.

"Yeah.. there's been a lot of school shootings and this whole Black Hood thing.."

"Black hood?"

"I'll fill you in at lunch. C'mon I'll show you where the office is!"

Olivia grabbed J.B's hand and dragged her into the building.

Riverdale Middle School looked a lot like it's high school counter part. The walls were painted white, with blue and gold stripes in the middle. Blue lockers lined the walls, with the occasional light brown classroom door.

A big banner was hung near the ceiling of the main hallway. The sign read: "Winter Formal! December 15th @ 7:00, $5 entry"

Olivia didn't stop to mention it on the walk to the front office, Jellybean figured she's ask later.

***

Once they reached the office, Olivia told Jellybean she had to go hangout with her friends, but that she'd find her during lunch. Jellybean has merely nodded and let the anxiety of being alone in a new place set in.

Jellybean was never the type to get really nervous. She actually enjoyed new things, but this was different. This was supposed to be her home, but what if it pushed her away?

Above the (yes, light brown) door that was in front of Jellybean was a white sign with the words "FRONT OFFICE" written in faded blue paint.

The door creaked as Jellybean opened it. A young woman (couldn't have been older than 20) with curly blonde hair and pale skin looked up at the sound. She gave Jellybean a warm smile.

"Good morning, ma'am, how may I help you?" Her smile eased a bit of Jellybean's nerves. She wondered if that was what it was supposed to do.

"Oh-uh-I-I'm-uh." She stammered, trying to pull out the notecard Jughead had written for her with a list of what to do.

The lady just laughed a little bit, "Oh, hun, you're new, aren't you?"

Jellybean nodded, her pale face flushed with embarrassment. She had ruined her one chance to make a decent reputation, or so she thought.

"C'mere, I'll get your registration papers." The lady walked Jellybean down a hallway towards a sign that said "Counselor George" in big letters.

The lady, who's name tag said Pepper, knocked on the door and whispered to Jellybean, "He'll help you with the form."

"Come in!" A loud, deep, almost scary, voice said from behind the door. Jellybean twisted the knob, looked back to see Pepper already leaving, and then turned back around and walked in.

           The office was relatively large, compared to the things she'd known at least - Small trailers, small rooms, small apartments. A big, muscular man with olive skin and dark, but greying, hair sat on a leather chair behind a big, oak desk.

         "Well how can I help you today, Lil' Lady?" He spoke quite softly now, which confused Jellybean since she'd just heard him yelling. He smiled, it was a warm, welcoming one, and Jellybean took a seat in front of him, for once at this school she didn't feel threatened (aside from Olivia.)

"I- uh, need to get these papers filled out?" She set the packet on the desk, "Pepper said you could help.."

Counselor George took the packet from her, opened it up and started asking questions such as, "Full name?"

"Felicity Pendleton Jones."

       "Grade?"

        "Sixth."

        "Emergency contact?"

         "Forsythe Pendleton Jones III 984-..."

This droned on for a little while until the man looked up, plopped the papers down, started typing on his computer, smiled at the girl and said, "You're free to go, Miss Jones."

     Jellybean smiled, "Thank you, sir."

     "If you ever need something, you can always come to me." He waved as she walked out.

      Jellybean nodded and walked out into the hallway

     Once Jellybean received her schedule from Counselor George. She decided to go find Olivia, so they could compare schedules.

She walked down the hallway, towards the courtyard, which was located across the hall from the main entrance. The building surrounded the garden-like center of the school. It was where most 7th and 8th graders ate their lunch. Jellybean thought it would be a good start (assuming she even found Olivia before the bell.)

Jellybean's attention wasn't entirely focused on where she was walking considering she thought the courtyard was incredibly gorgeous. All of a sudden, there was a sharp pain in her forehead.

She held a hand to it and looked up. In front of her stood a boy who looked about the same age as her. He had red curly hair and brown eyes. He was holding his hand to his forehead as well. Jellybean took notice of the way his black and neon green striped shirt complimented his fair skin tone.

"I-I'm sorry, sir—" Jellybean nearly ran away.

Oh my god you're so weird, why did you call him sir?

She made the conclusion that these questions would be better dealt with another time.

•••
A/n: helloooo I'm still alive sorry for not updating for an eternity.

Since you guys love this story so much, I'd really appreciate it if you guys would leave some suggestions for the storyline (I didn't exactly right it out, I have some scenes I wanna do but I'm curious as to what you guys would want to see)

Also, what do you guys think of the basically Cheryl Blossom clone? (He's not a blossom tho, sorry guys lol) any theories about what might happen with him in the story? (He's gonna show up again I promise lol)

Anyways, till next time (which is hopefully sooner than it was this time)
- Chloe