Chapter Six

Skylar entered the house with a satisfied look on her face; she didn't expect the conversation with David to go so well. But now they were on good terms and in a happy place. Just then Skylar got a text from Tiffany.

'Hey, Jack is throwing a party at his house tonight, do you want to tag along ??'

'Sounds great! Pick me up around nine.' Skylar replied. She suddenly remembered that she had Seo Yeon's number and decided to invite her to tag along.

'Hey, what r u doing tonight?'

'Besides homework, nothing really, why?' Seo Yeon texted back.

'A kid from school is throwing a party and I was wondering if you wanted to come along.'

'Sure why not?' Seo Yeon texted nonchalantly.

'Great, I'll text you the details later, see you soon!'

As Skylar was sending her last text, she heard the front door swing open and saw her little sister run right in, followed by an extremely worn out Stacey.

"Did you have fun at the zoo?" Skylar asked Nicole who was obviously high on sugar.

"Yeah, we had loads of fun. We saw all kinds of animals and then Aunt Stacey took me out for Ice cream and let me get all the candy toppings I wanted!" Nicole said excitedly.

"Big mistake..." Stacey groaned from the couch.

"Hey Nic, I think Aunt Stacey has an headache, so how about you go play in your room?" Skylar said.

"Oh...okay!" Nicole smiled.

"But quietly." Skylar whispered after hearing Stacey painfully groaned from the little girl's outburst.

"Okay." Nicole whispered, heading up the stairs quietly. Skylar shook her head at her sisters innocence as she went into the kitchen to get her aunt some pain relievers and a glass of water.

"I don't know why I thought getting ice cream after the zoo was a good idea; the kid ate more candy toppings than ice cream." Stacey murmured while rubbing her temples.

"Here, this might help." Skylar chuckles while handing Stacey the medication and water.

"Thanks." Stacey said just before taking the pills in one big gulp of water.

"Well maybe if you had invited me to come along then I would have been there to warn you about giving Nicole large amounts of sugar." Skylar gloated.

"Well excuse me for trying to be considerate by letting you sleep in."

"Well I can take care of myself." Skylar said sitting next to Stacey on the couch.

"Sure you can... I'm guessing that's the reason why you haven't said anything about what happened to you last night." Stacey rolled her eyes.

"The reason I didn't say anything is because I already took care of it by myself!" She emphasized on the last word.

"Well you don't have to do it all yourself, you know you can always come to me. Right?" Stacey said seriously, sitting up.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because I need you to tell Mom that I'm crashing in with Tiffany tonight." Skylar said, standing up.

"And who's Tiffany?" Stacey asked suspiciously.

"C'mon, you know Tiffany's my best friend." Skylar rolled her eyes.

"Can you just tell mom where I'll be when she gets home please?"