6.

I look everywhere but in front of me. It's getting more and more difficult by the second as my entire body wants to check him out. He is still standing there in all his glory and my restrain is wearing thin.

'Dammit girl ! Look at him already ! I want to see !'

Shush. I'm concentrating. One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...

I'm not known for my patience and usually nothing fazes me. But this is killing me. I have never done something this hard in my life.

Hard like his muscled and toned body. Every inch of him is sculpted to perfection. His beautiful eyes and tempting mouth, his powerful chest, his very potent arms, his absolutely marvelous six pack, his strong hips, his...

Wait a second !

I start to cough uncontrollably, my eyes watering.

When the hell did I start staring ?!

I look at the ground, reprimanding myself for my lack of control. I hear a wolf laugh like a hyena and even in that form I can recognize Jared. His wolf is tall alright and his fur a really dark brown, almost black. He is lying on his side, having the time of his life making fun of me. I glare at him more than happy to have something to concentrate on.

"What happened ?" Nate asks and I concentrate on him.

Crap !

My hand shoots up to my eyes to cover them. I hear him chuckle and have the urge to look again.

Life is really cruel.

I press my fingers harder on my face

"I'm just naked, no need to overreact." He mumbles.

"If you want me to concentrate on your questions that's how it'll be." I answer without thinking.

The place is quiet for a second before he clears his throat.

'Way to go.' My wolf mocks me.

My name is not Subtle.

She has no problem with seeing our mate naked. Neither do I actually but there are a lot of people around and I'd like to avoid having a weird reaction, at least not weirder than I already am.

"A-And there are kids around, show some decency !" I feel the need to add.

Even without seeing it I know he rolls his eyes at me.

Wait 'til it's the other way around and we'll see what happens.

I hear movement and shuffling.

"Alright, I'm dressed, you can look. He informs me.

I open my eye a fraction between two fingers to ensure he is telling the truth. When I establish that he is indeed fully clothed with my own eyes I let my arm fall, almost disappointed.

Five other wolves turned back to their human forms and are now bringing the pups down the mountain, one I identify as Jordan's dad comes rushing to the kids next to me and takes his son in his arms, burying him against his chest while Sydney gets a little closer to me, grabbing at the fabric of my jeans. I pat her head gently not forgetting she just had a traumatic experience. The wolves are eyeing the rogues sprawled on the ground, unconscious.

"What happened ? What were you all doing here ?" Nate inquires suspiciously.

'Can't wait to see you explain that.'

I see his eyes traveling to the clearly bloodied bite marks on my sleeve from my encounter with the rogue's teeth earlier and hurry to hide it behind me.