s i x

january, 1985

Steve let out a final grunt as he was able to lay his sister down in the backseat of his car.

"My parents cannot see her like this." He groaned, rubbing his temples.

Billy silently cursed himself before saying, "She can stay at my place. My, parents, are out of town."

"No way," Steve shook his head, frowning at Billy.

"Nice room," Steve mocked, looking around at Billy's room.

"Jee, thanks."

The two set Elizabeth gently down on Billy's mattress as she mumbled incoherent words to herself.

"Has she ever been to a-"

Steve interrupted Billy, running a hand through his hair. "Party? No."

Billy let out a low whistle, leaning against his wall.

"So what are we going to do?" Billy asked after a couple moments of silence.

"What?"

"Are you going to leave, or-"

"In hell will I leave my sister alone with you."

"Then you can have the floor," Billy muttered, walking past Steve and out of his room.

"Billy,"

"What?" Billy groaned, rubbing his temples as he sat up.

"Our parents will be here any second, and you have Steve Harrington and some girl, in your room!" Max exclaimed, standing up from her squatting position.

Billy sat up from his sleeping position on the couch, only to match to his room  in distress.

"Steve," Billy hissed, nudging Steve with his foot. "Steve wake the hell up."

Reluctantly, Steve woke up from his sleep as Billy stepped over him, making his way to Elizabeth.

"Doll," He whispered, crouching down to meet Elizabeth's eye level. "Doll wake up."

He shook Elizabeth's shoulder lightly as she slowly opened her eyes. "Billy?"

Billy let out a small gasp at her beauty as she opened her eyes. Her eyelashes framed her beautiful brown eyes, and her cheeks were as rosy as can be.

They locked eyes for a split second, before the door opening disrupted everyone's train of thought.

A loud, deep voice that Billy had grown so fearful of echoes of the walls of the house.

"Billy, Max. We're home."