Chapter 3- Met Gala

I had to attend the Met Gala also known as the Met Ball tonight, which was always stressful. My manager Cindy and I had sent measurements to the designer who was making my dress, Vera Wang months ago. The dress had finally arrived and I could not wait to try it on. Too bad Cindy had to ruin everything.

Sadly, she had taken it away from me before I could try it on. She said, "You'll put it on when you're getting ready for the Met Ball and not before then." I swear she was so annoying sometimes, I couldn't handle it.

I had to look perfect on the red carpet so that when the paparazzi took pictures of me the photos would end up on E News. Ending up on channels like that is how my popularity, as well as the popularity of other celebrities, boosts up. Events like these were very important for me. I had to socialize and network with people to expand my modeling career.

Cindy walked into my house at 5 pm with a makeup artist and hairstylist. They immediately sat me down and got to work. The lady decided it was best to do a slight smoky eye look with bold lips to contrast my light dress.

She started with a mattifying primer to smooth the surface of my face so that the makeup would glide on easily. She then applied a full coverage foundation and concealed my under eyes with Nars. Next, she contoured my face with the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit and applied a rosy color to my cheeks using a MAC blush. She filled my eyebrows with the Anastasia Brow Wiz and used the Morphe palette to create the smoky eye. Fake eyelashes were applied to give my eyes for a sultry look. Last but not least, a bold red lipstick color from Esteé Lauder was added onto my lips to make them pop out.

The hair stylist gelled my hair into a side part and pinned it from the back. I could finally put on the dress I had been waiting to try on for days. I slipped into the dress as Cindy zipped me up from the back. I turned into my full body mirror and screamed. The dress was even more beautiful that I had imagined it to look.

Just as I slipped into my heels, I received a text from the driver saying he was waiting outside. I sprayed Flower Bomb by Viktor&Rolf all over my body, grabbed my clutch, and headed towards the door. As I was about to open the door, Cindy caught me by my arm and said super fast, "You have a date waiting for you in the car. Now hurry and go." She then shoved me out the door so I would not be able to yell at her.

Ugh I love Cindy, but she really knows how to be a pain in the ass. Like I honestly didn't need a date to the Met Gala so why did she set me up with someone. She never tells me important things until the last minute. Hopefully I know who the person is and we aren't total strangers or this Met Gala could turn awkward. At least for me! I lifted my dress with one hand and turned away from the door as I strutted towards the car. I didn't want my expensive dress dragging around getting dirty before I even reached Ball. 

I opened the car door and saw a close friend of mine. THANK GOD CINDY DIDN'T FUCK THIS UP FOR ME. It was Justin, Justin Bieber. If you're wondering how I know him, we did a photoshoot together. Ever since then, we have become friends and hang out occasionally. 

We were so immersed in our conversation that I didn't even notice we had reached the location. He stepped out of the car and walked towards my side and opened my door for me. We walked to the red carpet and the paparazzi shouted our names. We posed for them and were interviewed by some celebrity news channels who kept asking us the same questions. 

"Are you guys dating?"

"So coming to the Met Ball together, trying to throw us a hint?"

"Is there something we should know?"

We declined the rumors and cleared up the facts. 

"We were never dating and we are nothing. Simply close friends," Justin confirmed.

We finished up at the red carpet and were ushered to our seats at the designated table. I didn't personally know anyone at our table, but there were two seats next to me and Justin that were empty. Maybe they were late or weren't going to show up. The fundraising event started and half an hour into it I heard a screeching noise from our table and knew it had to be coming from the seats next to ours. I looked back, but it was dark so I couldn't make out the face of the two people. They then quietly slipped into their chairs, hoping that their tardiness would go unnoticed. 

After the end of the fundraising part of the event, the lights turned back on and an announcement was made that food would be served shortly. I looked down to adjust my dress and when I turned around, I could not believe my own eyes. In that moment, I felt myself getting pale. The one person who I had dreaded, was sitting right behind me. Harry fucking Styles. Thankfully, Harry hadn't noticed me because he was so involved in a conversation with his date. I think Justin noticed the horrified look on my face and asked, "You okay? Is something wrong?" 

"I'm fine. I just remembered that I promised to send Jennifer pictures of my dress before leaving and I completely forgot. She's gonna be pissed if she sees it in a magazine before I send it to her," I lied, hoping that Justin would buy it. I know its a lame excuse, but that's all I could come up with on the spot.  

AUTHORS NOTE

CLIFFHANGER!!! 

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the rewritten version of this story. If you are rereading then let us know by commenting below!!