Just the beginning...

Part1: Girl’s POV

Isn't it weird, how your heart always remembers the loved ones you once left, but the present day lives with the fact that they are forgotten and evaporated into thin air? From my perspective, my companions from the past were always loved, always remembered. I never realised how much I missed my childhood friend Teresa, until that very moment when my eyes turned towards her during a new school beginning.

The strangest feeling ran down my spine and into my heart, as it didn't exist that we had been separated from the years of growing up. Fate brought us together again as we knew from the very first creation of our friendship, that we were going to stay "BFFs." In my world, being childish, being loved and loving back, are three laws that must be obeyed and I obey them. I couldn't help myself to float towards her through the crowd of unknown strangers and into our old friendship atmosphere. A moment of a lifetime is when you re-join with someone you loved all your life.

The greatest thing in a lifetime is when your loved one feels the same way. And I surely recognized the same emotions that were lovingly trapped in my heart identically revealed in Teresa's. Our eyes met and so did our embrace. Much to say but at the same time, nothing to say at all. We both understood the silence that jammed between the meetings, which said it all. Not a single “hi” or a single "hey" just a question to care "how are you?"

We obviously rejoiced and bombarded each other with bear hugs, making sure; each of the time, one or the other gave a sheepish smile and turned to hug the other, we would make sure that it would suffocate the living soul out of them. You may call us crazy but hey, we are the best of friend and don’t you dare say otherwise. We both went and retrieved my schedule from the main school office and realised that both of us had maths together.

Teresa couldn’t stop muffling about how the maths teacher was a bore and an oblivious moron. All I could do was listen and to be honest, I think it was the only thing keeping me sane in this new environment, I mean I’ve known her since forever and we haven’t actually seen each other in God knows how long, I think it’s safe to say, I miss the sound of her voice-don’t you? So like the old days we walked into math class ready to send notes from one desk to the other writing about the most ridiculous things.

It wasn’t the same feeling in the classroom and I don’t have to guess why, obviously it was because of my childhood friend, Teresa who seemed to light up my day even if she was mute, her presence was just be enough. The minute passing by gave me another experience in primary school back when we were kids. I discovered that the joyful moments returned back. Nowadays in the present future, life may be depressing and full of surprises; good or bad.

But this banished through our hearts and minds to leave a secreted love that lived in a different world from the real. We weren’t in control of the time in the real world, as before we knew, lesson was over. As the bell rang, Teresa and I came to realize that this lesson was very helpful; not in education but in rebuilding a beautiful friendship. The breeze that attacked my cheek was a mixture of different love and connection along with a cool summer breeze.

I relooked at my schedule and realised that the lesson I had next was PE which in all fairness was one of my favourite lesson because there are no restrictions or limitations all it is, is just pure fun- who doesn’t like a subject they’re good at? I made my way towards the changing rooms to get ready to handle a football match, which I was mentally prepared for.

I quickly got dressed in my lousy red kit with knee high socks which were starting to itch and my skin was reddening. A great way to start my first PE lesson in River Academy was to walk to the football pitch and realise the coach, whose name was supposedly coach Boxton, was shouting at a young “lad” (as they say it in America, might as well try and fit in).