Chapter five

I checked the time on my phone. "Three in the morning..." I started looking through my notifications. "McBoy973 is now following me.." I clear my notifications and try to sleep..But I just can't.. Jinx hopped in my lap. "Hey baby.." I said as I scratched under her chin. She purred quietly and the next thing I knew, it was morning. I got up and double checked my bag for the diamond but it isn't there. "That dream was so realistic.." I mumbled. I decided that I would go see Vincent since I had nothing better to do, I got up and started getting cleaned up and ready to go. I fed Jinx then began skipping to his house. On the way there, I saw that someone had a newspaper with Bratt on it. I took it from him. "Hey!" I ignored him and kept reading. It said that Bratt got the Dumont Diamond. I just stood there. Stunned. I thought it was a dream. But due to my foolish mistakes, Bratt is winning. The man took his paper from me and stormed off. I heard someone behind me. "Do you like losing, agent (Y/N)?"
I clenched my fists tightly. "I won't lose!" I turned around to punch him but as always, he dodged my hit by dancing. "You could come to the winning side if you'd like.." He said. "I'm already there!" I shouted back, about to cry. "Then why do I have the diamond?" He smiled evilly. I had had enough. "Wh-why aren't you trying to kill me??" I asked. "You're so weak and helpless, there's no sense in it, little (Y/N)." I was trembling, but not because of fear. "Bratt. I am NOT letting you go again!" I said. People were all staring. I thought of everything I could do to stop this, and come through as a hero. 'Taser? No.. I let Renee borrow it.. Gun? No.. There are too many children here..' I looked around again, then back at Bratt. "Dance fight?" I said. "You know me so well, (y/n)." He then came closer very quickly and knocked me off of my feet. I got back up, only to be knocked back down. I glared at him. I got up and began dodging his hits and throwing a few myself. I hit him a couple times but it didn't do any good at all. He grabbed my hand and spun me around into his arms. "You know the old saying, (Y/N).. 'If you can't beat them, join them'.." He told me. He.. Wanted me to JOIN HIM?!