Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder

Samaina and gang are in the college from YDKBH. This OS is inspired by the Frida Kahlo look and ragging in the 90s.

Naina and Preeti were dressed in the most simplest clothes, with big floral prints, nowhere matching the likes of the current trends set by Sridevi, Madhuri, or Juhi. They had almost convinced Chachiji to allow them to buy a few designer but modest clothes for the college. Naina was also excited as she knew Sameer was much more modern in his style and dressing sense than her and she wanted to surprise him.
However, Taiji had spotted them trying out some slightly revealing dresses (the famous backless top and a checking out a few others) and had created a huge ruckus over the girls just wanting to go to college and shame the Agarwal name. So, after the shopping fiasco, Taiji herself bought some ragged-fashion clothes and had tied the girls' hair in two plaits doubling them up, giving them the infamous "maniben" look.

"Jaldi chal Preeti, warna aaj college ke pehle din hi hum late ho jaayenge" Naina said trying to hurry her sister up who was sulking in front of the mirror at her look.

The gang had all managed to get admission in VJN and were together, although Naina and Preeti were in Arts and Literature, while SMP and Swati were in the Commerce wing.

"Aisi shakal lekar college jaane se achcha hai ki na jaaye, Aise toh koi college mein unnisau bayalees mein bhi nahi jaata hoga", said Preeti making a grumpy face.

Naina was done with her share of sulking and had finally come to terms with the look. Now she was trying to console and motivate her sister. "Dekh Preeti, abhi Taiji ne kaha hai toh aise hi jaana padega, hamare paas koi chara nahi hai. Sochle ki tu abhi bhi school ja rahi hai, PVKM mein toh aise hi jaati thi na".

"Haan... ek kaam karti hoon, purana uniform bhi pehen leti hoon" Preeti replied sarcastically. "Aur tu bataa Naina, tu toh Jijaji ko surprise dena chahti thi na...waise tujhe aise dekhkar pakaa surprise ho jaayenge, itna ki hosh hi kho denge aur uss din ko yaad karke sochenge ki tere pyar mein kaise pad gaye".
Preeti continued to tease her sister.

Now Naina was saddened again that all her plans of surprising Sameer with a modern look were out the window, thanks to Taiji...

An idea suddenly struck Preeti and she came to her, "Naina....Sun....ek idea hai, jisse Taiji ke hukum ka palan bhi hoga aur Jijaji ko achchawala surprise bhi milega".

Naina was confused, crinkled her brow and asked, "Wo kaise?"

"Hum na ghar se aise hi nikalte hai, jaise Taiji chahti hai, fir college pahuchne se pehle, apne baal khol lenge, aur tu chinta mat kar, mein aisa hairstyle karoongi ki iss dress ke saath ekdum match karega", she was delighted with her own idea.

"Tu pagal ho gayi hai Preeti? Agar Taiji ko pataa chala, toh O bai, O bai karke hamari jaan hi le legi, aur tu bhool gayi, aaj pehli baar unhone hamare baal banaye hai, tabhi toh itna kaske bandha hai. Agar hum baal kholenge, toh shaam ko ghar wapas kaise aayenge? Aur dobara aise hi bana nahi paayenge aur ek bhi baal yahan se wahan hua na, toh unki baaz nazar ko pataa chal jaayega aur aaj hamara college ka pehla din aakhri ban jaayega", Naina tried to reason out detailing all the repercussions.

"Hmmm, tu sahi keh rahi hai, kuch aur sochna padega"...After a few minutes of pondering, Preeti came up with another delightful idea. "Ek kaam karte hai, apna sar scarf se dhank lete hai... yaad hai, jab thappad padta tha aur nishaan aa jata tha, toh school mein kaise scarf bandh kar jaate the, waise hi". She rummaged through her cupboard and came out with two matching scarves for their dresses. She wrapped around each in style to make it look convincing as a part of the wardrobe.

"Par yaar itni garmi mein scarf kitna ajeeb lagega, aur Sameer pakka puchega ki kya hua? Thappad pada kya? Kyon pada? Fir main kya bolungi?"

"Aree bol dena na, yeh naya fashion hai, use ladkiyon ke fashion ke baare mein kahan pataa hoga. Aur waise bhi Jijaji tujhe dkehenge ya scarf ko?" Preeti assured her and finally both gathered their books and left for college on their usual bicycles.