Saturday 14th July 2012

Dear Pluto.. 

It's been a bad day. I woke up to a seizure and a massive nosebleed. 

Hanna, one of my nurses, came over a few hours ago, sorted my nose out, gave me some injections and told me the bad news. For some reason, the lining of my nose has fucked, and that's what caused the bleeds. She cauterized my nose, and for the past few hours, all I've smelt is the rotting flesh inside my nose. 

I don't really understand what's happening. I'm in a daze. 

I finished reading a book, Shiver by Maggie Steifvater. I can't find my copy of Linger (the sequel to Shiver) so I've asked Jess to bring it over on Monday and instead I started to read a book someone gave me a while ago. 

It's called Ways To Live Forever by Sally Nicholls. I was only a few pages in when it made me cry. It's about a boy called Sam. He's 11 years old and he's told he's going to die. He has leukaemia, and the second time round it's too fatal to treat. He loses all of his hair, and he makes a friend, Felix. They have a list of things they want to do before they die, and so on. The book is a diary of Sam's. 

My cousin, Caoimhe, died two years ago, only 13, of leukaemia. She was amazing. Truly. 

I don't think I should read this book to be honest. 

I've been sick a lot today. Hailey (one of my other nurses) is coming over tonight if I keep being sick, to put some different stuff in my drip, an anti sickness drug. It never works. 

My head is killing. I need to sleep. 

So anyways, all my love to you

Love Rue 

xo