Chapter Twenty-three: For the better or the worst.

• Dedicated to Everyone who's enjoyed reading this :)

Chapter Twenty-three: For the better or the worst.

[Skylar’s POV]:

I felt paralysed, everything started to get blurry I didn’t know what was going on. I could hear everything around me, the sound of music the sound of cheerfulness. Everything was getting cold, I couldn’t guess if it was the temperature or something else. I felt open, like my shield had been dropped and everyone could see me as who I was. Was I tripping on something? The burning sensation came back from when I had been dying, everything seemed useless. I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I hurt Katie; she didn’t deserve anything I said to her... I had to apologise... I leaned my head into my palms feeling absolutely useless. I kicked the ground angry before feeling someone fall to the ground next to me. I blinked a few times trying to regain some sight. Slowly the figure came clearer and it was the same girl I had been hoping to come back to me. Katie sat next to me in silence before pulling my hands away from my face. I opened my mouth about to speak but before I could Katie shock her head.                                                                                                                 

“I’m sorry Skylar; I shouldn’t have done that... I know how much Lauren meant to you and I want you to know that I’ll never bring her up ever again...” Katie said reassuring me that she didn’t want us to fall apart.                                                   

“No I should be-“I started just before Katie suddenly crashed her lips upon mine.

I couldn’t do anything, the feel of her, the taste. I was shocked everything was telling me to kiss her back, but I couldn’t... I didn’t feel anything for her and I wasn’t about to lead her in the wrong direction. Just as I was about to pull away she wrapped her arms around my neck waiting, wanting me to give in. Seeing her like this almost made me wonder, maybe she was suppose to be, maybe I wasn’t suppose to have everything I desired. No, it was wrong. Katie could do better. I pulled her away from me and saw her look at me confused.                                                                                    

“I can’t Katie,” I said coldly even though I was trying not to hurt her.                                                                                                              

“You don’t like me?” She asked softly suddenly feeling embarrassed.                                                                       

“No, I love you as a friend Katie... I thought you did to,” I said honestly turning her to face me again after she turned away.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

“I do. I don’t know why I just did that,” Katie said embarrassed again.

I grabbed her into my arms and held her against me tightly. I planted a quick kiss on the top of her head and smiled down at her. She buried her face into my chest and wrapped her arms around me also. She was the best friend anyone could have. If it wasn’t for her I didn’t know what I might have done...

[Brooke’s POV]:

“Kyle, let me pass now.” I said sternly not raising my voice, even though I was dead scared.