Quidditch, Pranks, and Voices

The rest of the week went by rather quickly and Demetria was quite thankful for it. On Thursday they were taught about cross species transfiguration and Demetria who was quite good at Transfiguration just couldn’t seem to understand. Luckily Fred, who was even better at Transfiguration helped her through it.

            The entire rest of the week she hadn’t spoken to Cedric and he hadn’t seemed to spare her one glance. She had double Defense Against the Dark Arts at the end of the Thursday and Lockhart only continued to prove how inept of a teacher he was. It seemed that his lesson with the second years about Cornish Pixies had gone even worse than their lesson on Erklings. Luckily it seemed to have spooked him enough to keep from setting any creatures on them this time.

            On Friday she had History of Magic with the Hufflepuff’s and she knew that if for no other reason that she’d have to make up with Cedric or she’d fail her History of Magic exam at the end of the year for sure. She lazed through charms again and only paid attention in potions for a short amount of time before her dad reprimanded her for making a subpar shrinking solution that caused the frogs they were practicing on to turn into a tadpole with legs instead of a full out tadpole.

            Fred and George pulling their usual pranks shot a firework into the kettle her father was examining causing into to explode on the two Slytherin’s while narrowly missing her father and turning the two Slytherin’s shorter. The Slytherin’s shrieked and her dad instantly turned on Fred and George.

            “Detention for you Weasley’s and why don’t we know twenty points from Gryffindor while we’re at it.” He said.

            Fred and George huffed but shrugged it off and continued to brew their potions. It ended up quite decent for their usual potion making would have probably killed their frog.

            When Saturday morning came Demetria was up at the crack of dawn like Flint had requested. She grabbed her broom and went down to the locker rooms changing alone due to the fact that all the Slytherin’s but her were guys.

            She was out before any of them and began walking onto the field when her eye brows drew together and she noticed the Gryffindor’s.

            She mounted her broom and hung skillfully above them and heard a clicking noise from the stands and noticed it was Colin Creevy, a first year Gryffindor taking pictures of Harry.

            “Who’s that?” said Fred.

            “No idea.” Harry lied.

            “What’s going on?” said Wood frowning as he walked towards them. “Why’s that first year taking pictures? I don’t like it. He could be a Slytherin spy trying to find out about our new training program.”

            George happened to look up and spotted her and smiled a bit shaking his head.

            “He’s in Gryffindor,” said Harry quickly.

            “And the Slytherin’s don’t need a spy, Oliver,” said George.

            “What wakes you say that?” said Oliver testily.

            “Because they’re here in person.” Said George pointing up at Demetria and then down the field at the group of green robes walking onto the field.

            Demetria lowed her broom and landed beside Oliver Wood grinning, “Besides Wood we don’t need to spy to win. My keeping skills are far better than yours.” She teased.