Chapter One: The Beginning

Another long, hot summer day. I don’t understand the hype about summer break. It seems fun being away from school, but at school you actually have something to do. And you get to see your friends every day. Summer break you sit in your house or go swimming with maybe a vacation in there.  Three days into summer vacation and I am already extremely bored. I opened the door to Gabe’s house, and went upstairs to his room. He was sleeping naked with a girl beside him also naked. My best friend is a man-whore.

“Ok, up up up. Sara?? Sara Miller? I thought you’re dating Cole oh well. Up.” I said tossing her clothes to her.

“Um, I don’t have to leave.” Sara said with sass. I don’t do well with sass.

“Gabriel tell her to leave.”

“You heard her.” He said, giving me a wink. I almost laughed, but Sara was just making me mad. I’ve been through a bunch of girls because of Gabriel. Tell them to get out as Gabe just lays on the bed agreeing with everything I said. I swear Gabriel has a baby somewhere because of his active sex life.

“But baby, I thought we were going to go another round.” Sara whined and I rolled my eyes.

“I totally think I have Cole’s number in here. Let me see. Let me see.”

“Fine, I’m gone. I’ll call you later babe. Bye, bitch.” She said before walking by me.

“See you later.” I said, and

“Why do you hang out with stupid skanks like that?” He shrugged his shoulders, and put on a pair of boxers. His man-junk didn’t need to be flying in the air.

“She came on to me. How was I supposed to let go of a opportunity.”

“Is this how summer’s going to be?”

“Nah, because I’ll be hanging out with my favorite person in the world.” He tackled me on his bed, and started tickling me.

Gabriel and I have the weirdest relationship. I love him like my brother, but I am more comfortable around him than a brother sister relationship would be. Seeing my brother’s dick would be disgusting, but seeing Gabe’s is normal. Not that I stare at his prized possessions every day, just I don’t get overly freaked when I do.

“You cannot go to Stanford and act like this. Like a hooligan.”

“Stop being my mom, and be my best friend who I can trust when I have booty calls laying in my bed to tell them to get the hell out. But, I love you so much Kenzie-Wenzie. If you would just go out with me, maybe I would be such a…..”

“Slut?”

“More like an open type of guy.” He started smiling, and I couldn’t help but laugh

I swear Gabe is the sweetest guy I know. I had a boyfriend named Matt, and he was horrible. Stuck-up and rude. When Gabe caught him talking bad about me, he warned him to stay away from me and basically saved me from being a big embarrassment. He might seem all confident and outgoing but Gabe is really shy. He doesn’t like talking to new people, and he can’t be around any but me for long periods of time. He is a weirdo for sure. He’s really smart, and was Valedictorian this year. I was third in my class. Gabe is the type of guy I would want for a boyfriend.

“I’m going to take a shower. I’ll be right back. Get comfy. Order some food, I’m hungry.” I nodded and turned on the tv. The new show, ‘Summer Escape’ was one. It was basically a reality show, where 10 teens get to travel to all these exotics places and they do risky things from there bucket list, like go bungee-jumping.

This episode they were going cliff-diving. I wanted to sign up for Summer Escape. I wasn’t a adventurous type of girl in high school. I only played volleyball for all four years. That’s how I got my Stanford scholarship. Gabe was the adventurous type though. He has been surfboarding, snowboarding, sky-diving, hiking, camping, and so much more.