CHAPTER THREE

The Son's of Ragnar walked down the main street towards the Farmer's pub

The Son's of Ragnar walked down the main street towards the Farmer's pub. Their black shiny shoes stomped into the puddles on the ground. Muddy water stained their black dress pants and their fedoras shielded their faces and hairs from rain that fell from the sky. They could hear the sound of drunken people talking loudly down the streets before they could spot the familiar sign. They saw two drunken men arguing outside, bottles of beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Both of them were already to drunk to speak properly, dunken slurs was the old thing audible yet they seemed to understand each other anyway.

As they reached the larger wooden doors they could hear the sound of a woman laughing down the alley then some moaning and groaning. A cheeky grin occupied Hvitserk's lips as he wiggled his brows at his brothers. Before they could open the doors two men walked outside and laughed.

"Did you see her... what's next? A man in a dress?" One of them laughed as they stopped slightly in their tracks when facing the owners of Kattegat. "Look at that Hvitserk Ragnarsson is back out again the only safe woman now is that thing inside! Even my old wife back home is more attractive than her." He continued before they walked away into the night, almost giggling like schoolboys. Hvitserk smiled at them.

"Maybe she'll get something for the first time since she gained all that weight?" The other man said and they both laughed as they walked down the street towards a smaller alleyway to reach their box sized homes with worried wives and crying children. Ivar sucked on his teeth before pushing the heavy door open with his cane then they entered the pub. Loud cheers, singing and laughing was heard on the inside. The bar was filled and they could only see the top of Alfred's shaved head over the thick crowd of drunk men. Alfred soon appeared in front of them.

"I thought I was pretty clear last time we spoke Ivar?" Alfred said and he only scoffed before Ubbe got in the way as he placed his hand around Hvitserk's shoulders.

"We're not here for business Alfred. Brother is out and we're celebrating!" Ubbe exclaimed and Hvitserk chuckled.

"We're full." Alfred said, raising his voice to make sure they heard him over the drunken men and women.

"So we can see, Mister Solomons." Ubbe said before pulling his brother towards one of the already filled booths.

"Fúck off!" Hvitserk told the drunken men with scantily clad women on their laps. The men mumbled under their breaths before disappearing. Hvitserk bit his lip as one of the women walked past him, licking her lips and he smirked as his eyes followed her swaying behind. "Fúck me." He mumbled under his breath.

"Alfred! Five pints and whiskey." Sigurd shouted at the old barman.

"Get in line Ragnarsson!" Alfred said before making his way towards the bar table that was filled with men who kept drooling over his new barmaid. Only a hand full of people hadn't changed their mind about the young woman that had arrived in a boat in Kattegat. They kept pouring down the pints down their throats so Freija could refill their cups.