Prologue

Friday, February 18th, 2011.

"Are you cold?" I asked Steve giggling. A smile covered his face as he shook his head yes. I walked into the other room and picked up my green jacket off my pile of things. "Here, wear this," I said gesturing for him to take it.

Steve shook his head. "No I'm fine," he said.

"Take it, its fine," I said throwing it on him ash Ashley skated by me on the cold basement floor.

"You sure?" he asked grabbing it before it hit the ground.

"Yeah," I said walking over to Tay. "You going to dance for me," I joked.

"Yeah, sit down. Steve, play some music I can dance to," she told him

"Okay," he said putting my jacket on and playing music off his phone. I giggled as Tay started to dance on the pole like a striper. I got my phone out and texted Steve 'I miss you'.

'I miss u too', he replied

'Idk what I was thinking when I said I was done...I'm sorry', I sent back.

'Ur fine', he answered.

'I still love you...', I said.

'I still love u too...', he answered.

I set my phone down. I can remember thinking wait, you still love me? After I left you like a bitch and pushed you away? "It’s hot, I'm going to go put a tank top on," Tay said heading upstairs.

'Idk how to ask this but will you go back out with me?' I asked. I put my phone down and heard the music stop. I stared at the pole as it started to play again. One minute goes by, no answer. I remember thinking he probably won't take me back after I was such a bitch.

"Want to be my pole?" I heard Tay ask.

I looked at her and smiled. "Oh god," I said standing up. I pushed the thought out of my mind and tried not to think about it.

'Yes', he answered when Tay, he and I started playing miniature pool. I smiled at him secretly.

***********************************************************************************************************

Friday, March 18, 2011.

"Hey, where is everyone else?" I asked as Tay got in the van.

"Ashley's at her dad's and Steve and Mom decided to stay home," she said.

My heart sank a little. I was hoping I got to see Steve for my birthday, but I guess not. Tay found out that we got back together a few weeks after at school. She was mad at me for a while, but we're okay now. "Oh, okay," I answered.

***********************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012.

I had just gotten home from a long day and I took a shower and put my phone up. I went upstairs and recovered his iPod. 'I love you :)', I texted him on the Text Free app I downloaded.

'I love you too :)', he replied.

I lie down and saw that his clothes had been moved from where I had hidden the DSI he got me. My heart started racing as I looked in the little book bag type thing to discover it gone. I gasped for air and shook as tears poured out of my eyes. 'Baby it's gone', I had texted him.

'Whoa calm down what's gone', he said back.

'The DSi, the phone it's gone :"(((((', I sent to him. I laid on the bed and turned the lights out.

'What :((((', he sent back.

'I'm sorry baby I'm so sorry I'm so scared :"(((((', I texted back.

"What's that light?" I heard someone say. It was my 'mom' Alexis. I quickly hid it.

"What light?" I asked trying to sound groggy as if I had just woke up.

"Turn the light on," she snapped.

I remember thinking please be okay, please be okay, please be okay! "Okay," iPod under my body pillow.

"What do you have?" she said.

"Nothing," I said.

"There was a light. I saw it," she said.

"I don't have anything," I said holding my hands in the air. I remember thinking please don't search my bed. Please keep us safe.

"Okay, but I know I saw a light," she said starting to leave.

I don't know what possessed me to stop her. "Mom wait," I said. I remember thinking fuck why did I do that!

"What?" she said stopping.

Well, I have to do something now I thought. "Are we okay?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah," she said. "Why?" she asked looking at me.

I remember thinking fuck why'd I have to stop her, now I'm screwed. "Just wondering," I said. "Did you take Chelsea's DSi?" I blurted out. Shit, why do I have to be so fucking stupid I thought.

"No, I didn't take anything but I know you have something in your bed and are lying to me about it," she said.

"No I'm not," I protested while I was thinking please don't search my bed!

"If you weren't you'd get up and strip the bed to prove me wrong," she says resting her arms on the rail.

Shit! Shit! Shit! She's going to destroy my bed! I kept thinking. "Well I don't so," I said without moving.

"Then show me, now I want to see," she said.

Fuck! I thought to myself. I pulled the covers up over my arms and tried to grab the iPod and shove it in my bra. Once she found the iPod I followed her and begged her to talk. I told her the truth about some thing’s then twisted facts around to point her as far away from us as I possibly could. I went to bed that morning and prayed like hell to keep us safe until I finally fell asleep.

***********************************************************************************************************

Thursday, February 9th, 2012.

I went to school that day still sobbing. I told Chelsea what had happened and she held me as I cried. I found Maria before first period and asked to borrow her phone for the day. She let me and Steve did his best to calm me down and reassure me we were fine.

***********************************************************************************************************

Friday, February 10th, 2012.

I got my phone back that day and he again did his best to calm me down and make me feel safe. He told me he was getting his number changed that weekend to make me feel safe. That night we went to go get my dad from the air port. I fell asleep in the car on the way.

***********************************************************************************************************

Saturday, February 11th, 2012.

That day I had to tell my dad about it. I repeated how I was going to do it over and over in my head. I told him exactly as I had planned then he started yelling and screaming that he was going to throw Steve in jail and get a restraining order on him. Once it had been done I texted Steve so he could calm me back down again.