Chapter 22-I feel pain

I drive the tractor back and forth pulling things out from the barn. Let me tell you how much crap he had in there. When you first walked in you could only take about two steps before there was so much crap you couldn't even see the other side of the barn.

A few of my Grandma's siblings came and helped out today, but they left around five o'clock. I pick up what looks like to be a lump of metal and throw it in the front. We have what looks kinda like the front of a snowplow on our tractor, it's just more curved.

I wipe my forehead as I feel more sweat drip down. I had thrown up my hair within the first five minutes of working. I'm in grubby jeans, with an old t-shirt that has paint stains on it, and then I have overalls over them to make sure I don't cut myself on anything, I also have a hat on, and gloves that are full of stuff that I don't want to know.

I pull myself into the tractor and drive it back to the front. It takes about ten minutes for me to get all the way to the trailer and then I have to dump the crap. Mason and my Grandpa are sorting the crap that I dump while my Grandma is trying to take the things from in the house out to get sorted. I dump the load and hop out of the tractor.

"Guys, I might need some help. There are a few things that are starting to get too heavy for me to lift." I say as they walk up.

"Mason you can go with her and help." My Grandpa says as he picks up something and begins to walk away with it. I motion for Mason. He comes and then looks up at the tractor.

"You'll need to get in first and I'll sit on the right on the right." I say. He nods and hoists himself up into the tractor. I do the same and sit on the plastic piece that's above the tractor wheel. He drives us back and when we're almost there I jump off getting a head start towards the barn. I find the things that I can't lift and wait for him to come. "Ok, I can't lift anything in this section and forward," I say.

"Ok, help me with whatever this was." He says walking to something brown. I nod and walk over. "Ok, lift on three. One, two, three." We both lift and carefully walk out of the barn. We drop it into the basket thing and go back to the barn to get some more crap.

We do this for about two more hours until it's too dark to drive. We then begin helping my Grandma and taking things out. "Ok, you guys did good. Take your overalls off and put them over there" She says pointing to a spot that has everything that's already dirty lays. I walk over there and begin to take them off.

Once they are off I feel ten pounds lighter. "Damn those are heavy," I say and Mason laughs.

"Only because you're so tiny." I glare at him as he takes his off. I take my gloves off and put them next to the overalls. I walk back to the porta potty and clean my hands. We have a water station going over there. It's a bowl of water that you put your hands into after grabbing soap. Amazing right? No, it's fricking cold and gets dirty really quick.

I begin to dry my hands when Mason washes his. "That's cold." He says and he quickly rubs his hands together.

"Yeah, I know." I say laughing as he grabs the towel to dry is cold hands. I take my hat off and pull my ponytail out. After shaking my head a few times it's back to laying on my shoulders. I massage my scalp.

"You all good there?" I hear my Grandpa's voice.

"Yeah, my hair hurts from having the ponytail in all day," I say and he laughs.

"I wasn't talking to you." He says and I look at Mason. He looks slightly embarrassed and uncomfortable.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." He says clearing his throat. I raise my eyebrow at him confused.

"You sure?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, yup, great." He says before turning and walking towards my car. I look at my Grandpa and shrug.