Chapter 17

Hi my fans,, Sorry for the delay,,

Please don't hit me,, (hides behind bookshelf)

Someting went wrong with updating it the first time and I deleted it,, But here it is Chapter 17,,

Enjoy,,

Vote,, comment,, share,, fan,, recommend,,

____________________________________________________________________________

The two people, who were sitting in front of me, were my grandparents. This place looks on the outside like hell, but the inside is still amazing. Everything looks like new here. Lucas was sitting next to me and held my hand while my grandpa studied. me.

''You really look like your mother,'' He said after a while. ''But you have the will and strength from your father''.

''What do you mean with the will and strength of my dad?'' I asked him.

''Your father was a fighter. He wanted to save this place but failed. He still holds the will and strength to do it, but it is too late for him. Since he gave up his powers.''

I looked puzzled at him. What did he mean by this. ''What do you mean with save this place?'' I sounded stupid for asking these questions.

''The magic that was once here is gone. It faded many years ago. It was the only thing that helped to keep this place standing. Now that the barrier is almost gone.....'' He stopped and looked at the ground.

''This place will dissepear'' My grandma finished him. ''This place will no longer be here for the merepeople''

''So my dad tried to save this place and left when he failed? I don't get it. How did he fail?''

''A ceremony has to be done. By one of these merefolk and one from the other....'' He stopped and looked at Lucas. ''Boy, what is your name?''

I looked at Lucas and saw him blink. ''Lucas Frost, why?''

''Frost?'' Grandpa said and looked at the both of us and then to Maria. My grandmother.

''You are the son of John and Julia Frost?'' He asked with wide eyes.

''Yes I am. Why?''

''Than you two can save this place!'' He yelled.

''Save!?'' I said. ''How?''

''Maria! Will you get the book?'' He asked her, and she swam away.''I will show you''

After a while, she came back with a book that looked like one of the books that John has. But this one was thicker and looked more worn out. She placed it on the table and took a seat next to Steve. He started to flip through the pages and stopped by a page with the word ''ceremony''.

''The ceremony is something like a wedding. You pledg each other your love and the bound is made, but....''

''But what?'' Lucas asked him. I noticed he also wanted to know more about it.

''It will take your power to change your tail into legs. You will have to stay in the water to keep the barrier up. Otherwise, it will fall again. It is the price to pay''

''So you mean that we won't be able to go on land?''

''Indeed''

I looked at Lucas, and he squeezed my hand. I looked down to my tail and thought of my legs. Never being able to walk on land again. To feel the sand between your toes, the grass under your feet, and the wind on my legs. I was for my feeling a full human, but I was in reality halve mermaid and halve human.