Chapter 4

At home, I kept on thinking about my parents and the cave. Was my dream really true, or was I just making it up? After finishing dinner, I decide to check out what Millie was doing. By copying how Cabirg ran, I quickly reached Millie’s home. Millie and Cate were playing with sticks and leaves when I got there. “Hi Millie! Hi Cate!” I said.

“Hi Sasha. We’re hunting sticks and leaves!” Cate replied first with a sweet little voice.

“Hi.” Millie acted as if she didn’t even know me.

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked.

“No, I’m just really tired.” She replied with a yawn. Two rows of sharp teeth showed and her tongue curled slightly.

“Alright, go to sleep, I’m going home.” I started to turn back.

“Wait! Can you teach me how to run really fast?” Cate asked.

“It’s really late. Shouldn’t you be in bed already?”

“Okay! Bye Sasha!” Cate left. I turned to Millie, but she was already walking towards her bed. I guess I’m not very welcome yet. The sky was getting dark and the sun was starting to set as I headed towards home. Spiky shadows of the large pine trees turned darker against the setting sun. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the fading warmth of the sun. When I got home, it was dark already and Cabirg was asleep. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes. Visions of my nightmare flashed before my eyes. No matter what I tried to think about, the images wouldn’t escape my mind.  When I finally fall asleep, the nightmare comes again. 

When I woke up, I decided, that to be able to sleep well, I had to find out about my parents.

To be continued.