done being mad

Alex P.O.V.

I heard a knock at the door and ran downstairs to get it thinking it was John. When I answered it instead of seeing john I saw Lafayette.

"What do you want?" I asked a bit annoyed
"I wanted to see if you wanted to get back together" he said casually leaning against the doorway
"What? I'm with John, no." I replied firmly
"But John's dating Francis too. If he can date two people why can't you?" Lafayette pointed out
"John's being forced"
"He broke up with him once he can do it again."
"Fine. But only to make John jealous."

Lafayette smiled triumphantly. Kinda cute. Ah- no. I love John and only John.
I stepped aside and let Lafayette in. 5 minutes later there was another knock at the door. When I answered it I saw John.

"Hi" I smiled
"Hey" he smiled back
"Come in" I said stepping aside. John came in and saw Lafayette.

"What is he-"
"He's my boyfriend" I said crossing my arms
"W-what? But I-I thought I w-was.."
"You are. But so is he" I replied stubbornly
"What?" He asked confused
"You have two boyfriends, why can't I?" I questioned
"But I-"
"Choose between me and Francis and it'll change, but until then Lafayette is my boyfriend too"
"O-ok" he stuttered looking down
"You're my favorite" I whispered before going over to Lafayette

John P.O.V. (Hope you enjoyed Alex's pov while it lasted lol)

How could he do this?! He knows how scared I am of Francis. It's not fair! I swear I will break the fourth wall.

"I'm gonna go.." I mumbled leaving before he could protest. I went home and went to bed.

——

"Seriously?!" Peggy fumed after I told her about last night
"Well what're you going to do?" Herc asked
"I'm going to choose I guess.." I mumbled
"Who?!" Peggy asked
"I choose Francis.."
"Why?!" Peggy snapped "I mean- I know Alex is a fucking idiot- but seriously?!"
"I can't break up with Francis! He'll hurt me and Alex.."
"Or you could just not choose and keep seeing Alex" Herc suggested
"But then Alex would be seeing Lafayette too" Peggy pointed out
"Just break up with Francis" Herc said
"But-" I started but was cut off by Thomas Jefferson
"Just fucking break up with the psychotic son of a bitch"
"Have you been listening this whole time?!" Peggy snapped
"Maybe I have. Maybe I haven't. The point is Francis is a psychopath. I hate Alex but I have to admit even I would choose Alex over Francis"
(This is NOT Jamilton. Get out. Lol jk jk but lams best FIGHT ME)

"But Francis could hurt me..and Alex"
"Not with us around" he said as if he could take on a lion
"Fine." I mumbled
"Don't get hurt Johnny" Peggy said as I went over to Francis

"Um...Francis" I mumbled from behind him
"What?" He snapped turning around to face me. A small crowd began to form around us
"I-I want t-to break u-up"
"Excuse me?!" He snapped as he slapped me. I yelped in pain
"I w-wanna break up" I mumbled again. He pinned me to the locker- not like Alex does. This hurt. He punched me in the stomach. Tears clouded my vision then everything went black. I could hear yelling and a lot of racket for a few minutes then silence came along with the darkness.

----

"John I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Why am I always hurting you? I'm worse than Francis. How could I let this happen? Why didn't he just hurt me instead? I said I'd die for you, I should've." I heard Alex ramble. I could hear everything going on but everything still seemed to be black. I blinked my eyes open blinking a few more times to adjust to the bright lights.

Alex had his face in his hands still rambling
"Alex? Where am I?" I asked my vision still a little clouded
"John! You're awake! You're in the hospital.."
"W-why? What h-happened?" I stuttered
"You tried breaking up with Francis" he said his voice cracking like he was about to cry
"O-oh" I mumbled
"It's all my fault" Alex said letting tears fall "I always hurt you! It's always my fault! You wouldn't be in the hospital if it weren't for me!" He cried. I hugged him and he hugged me back.
"I forgive you" I mumbled
"Why?!" He asked clearly shocked
"Because...I love you"
"After everything how can you love me? I've cheated and lied and hurt you more than once..."

I didn't know what to say. A part of me was really mad at him but the rest of me couldn't stand to be mad any longer. I just wanted to be with him for once and only him. I hugged him tighter.

"I'm done being mad" I mumbled
"But I deserve it" he cried
"I don't care." I admitted
"But-"
"Shut up" I said firmly. He smiled a little. A nurse totally ruined the moment and walked in the room.

"You're free to leave" she said. Ok that makes it a little better I guess. I went to the bathroom and change back into my clothes, signed a few papers, and left. Alex took me home.

"Can I stay the night with you?" I asked
"As long as your parents are ok with it"
"I don't give a fuck what they think. They aren't my real parents and they never will be"
"Alright" he sighed and drove back to his house. I didn't bring any clothes so I stole a hoodie and sweat pants from Alex. Peggy's not the only one who's sneaky.

"Are those mine?" Alex asked when he saw me
"I can not answer that" I smirked
"And why not?" He asked
"I can not answer that either" I said still smiling
"Now-" He said picking me up "are those my clothes?"
"Ok they are!" I giggled. He put me down thank god.
"Guess I'll have to get them back" he said pinning me against the wall. I blushed wildly.
"Nah they're mine now" I said slipping away from him and running down the hall. He chased after me. He was faster than me so he caught up. When he caught up to me he picked me up again.

"You can keep them for tonight" he compromised
"Yup. Mmhmm. Only tonight. Got it."
"Do you?"
"Nope" he giggled
"I swear you're going to steal all my clothes"
"Not all of them! Only half.."
"Wow-" Alex was cut off by a knock at the door
"If that's my 'parents' tell them I'm not here- actually if it's anyone that knows me just say I'm not here"
"Noted" he chuckled going downstairs to get the door. I watched cautiously from the stairs. Sure enough it was Francis.

"Where's my boyfriend?" He snapped at Alex
"I don't know" Alex claimed. I scrambled up the stairs being as quiet as possible.
"Stop lying"
"I'm not lying. To be honest I wish I knew where he was myself"
"Fine. I'll look for him somewhere else"

Alex came upstairs and scared me half to death. He claimed it was adorable but I acted mad at him.

"Come on. You love me" he said hugging me from behind
"Sometimes"
"What?"
"I'm teasing"