Helping Jay

*Shanique*

I put the blade to my skin while closing my eyes shut. Putting more pressure into my arm.  "I hate them!! I'm way better gone , They don't need me, None of them need me" .

"Shanique.." I heard jays little voice through the door. " Can You help me clean up? " I sighed and looked into my mirror wiping away my tears, " I'll be there soon " I said.

Jay is my only sunshine , My only hope. If it wasn't for him I would not be staying here! Nobody like him should be going through the things we go through.

I walked in his room and said, "Where do you wanna start?" , "Anywhere" he said. So we Immediately got started , it was getting late but we were almost finished , he didn't do much but watch TV and play his Xbox while listening to his Ipod I bought him on his birthday.

" Shanique .. Can you sing me a bed time song ? Pwetttyyyyy pweaseeeeee?" He said with a pout. "Uhh , Ok what song Jay?" , "16 At War By Karina " He said with a grin.

I Smiled as I let the meaningful lyrics flow out of my mouth. By the time I was singing the last note , Jay was fast asleep.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groaned at the sound of my alarm clock. Its only been 2 weeks since school reopened and I hate it. Maybe its cause I'm the "New Girl, The girl no one attempts to talk to, or get to know, the girl no one seems to care about. Just son you know I attend central high as a senior.

I sung to the radio as I heard my mom screaming and Jay crying , I quickly ran into his room , to see my crack headed mom beating him continuously , with no delay I pulled her off of him and pushed her into the wall.

" Don't Touch Him ! " I screamed with rage.

"What? you think you grown now? she spoke with slur , I can tell she was higher than a kite.

" You heard what I said .. Veronica. " I stared with fury.

I pushed her out of the room and made sure to take a look at Jay's face, while he was still crying. He had bruises and a busted lip. I hat to be strong for him , if not who's he gonna look up to? I took him into bathroom and mended up his lip , and small bruises then kissed his forehead. " I promise everything is gonna get better. He hugged me tight and sobbed into my stomach. A tear rolled down my cheek but I was sure to wipe it away.