Chapter 14

Reaper

I cannot believe I'm falling for a traitor. I knew she was too good to be true. It still pissed me off when Machete hit her, as angry as I am I still want her, still want to protect her. She's crying now, I'm holding her down in the chair, all I want to do is pick her up and hold her, but my club has to come first.

"Explain. Now." Machete Growls

"Fine but I do not want anyone to find out, I don't need a fucking pity party, it stays with you three" she says pointing at us.

"Agreed, now fucking talk" she better start talking, I can see in Machetes face, she stalls any longer he's gonna start the beating. I let go of her and sit down opposite her. She looks over to me, takes a deep breath, there's that fear in her eyes. I haven't seen that since her nightmare, wait, her nightmare

"When you had that nightmare about the fire, you said your mom and stepdad Jerry died in the fire." I say, I knew she wasn't giving me the whole truth when she said that.

"When I was 8 my Mom married Jerry, my 5th stepdad. He was amazing. My Mom was bipolar and kept going off her meds. He used to get her back on the meds and protect me from her when she was off them, he taught me to ride motorcycles, shoot a gun, play guitar. He was my dad. I loved him. When I was 14 he changed. Started taking drugs, started dealing them. Stopped saving me from my mom. By the time I turned 18 he was insane. He owed people money, he was paranoid me and my Mom were against him. He beat us daily. The week before I turned 19 he went on a rampage and attacked us, he stabbed me in the stomach" she lifts her top up and shows us her scar, I had noticed it, but considering the number of scars I have I never thought about it.

"He stabbed my mom. Several times. He locked us in the house and set it on fire. I climbed out of an upstairs window onto the garage roof, I couldn't get my Mom out. I went in the garage and there was his brand new motorcycle. I took her and I ran. I never went back. He was so well connected they said my Mom died in the fire that was an accident and the only reason he went jail was the drugs"

I can tell she's telling the truth, I see it in her eyes.

"So why is he after you?" I ask placing my hand on hers

"Before I ran he said I was fucking all his friends and embarrassing him, he said I was ruining his reputation. Then he said I was hiding money from him, stealing his drugs. Although it probably won't help that when I stole his motorcycle, Bessie, I didn't know there was $50K in the saddle bags, I used it with the money my mom left me to buy my house. He's going to kill me, just let me go so I can run"

"Reaper, take a minute with your girl, I'm calling Church asap." Machete says leaving the room with Knuckles. Rosie gets out of her chair and walks over to me placing her hands on my shoulders.

"You have to believe me Reaper, I'm not betraying you, you and the guys are amazing, I don't want you getting involved in this, just let me get away from him, he won't find me if I leave now"

I pull her onto my lap and wrap my arms around her, she nuzzles her head into my neck and I hear her crying softly

"You're not going anywhere Baby Girl, I'm going to protect you from this asshole, you're staying with me, I'm not letting you go" I say stroking her back softly

"I don't want you getting hurt because of me. I've never told anyone what happened. This is my mess, I'll deal with it alone." She says looking up at me, I wipe the tears from her cheek with my thumb.

"Sorry Baby girl but I am way passed clinger now, you're my Baby girl and I will do anything to keep you safe" I see that bring a smile to her lips. She gets up off my lap and wipes her face with her hands.