Prologue

• PROLOGUE - My little ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was a warm midsummer day-"

"Say, Eleanor why do your stories always start like this ?" he chuckled.

"Because it's always midsummer and it's always warm." Eleanor snapped back at the poor fool.

"I don't think I get it." Lines appeared on his forehead as he furrowed his eyebrows, truly this did make no utter sense to him.

"Of course you don't," she suddenly stood up and walked up to the bars, looking through them she saw the clouds and the blinding sun. "Because it's always a midsummer day..."

The sun wouldn't set that night.

"And it's always warm." A sad smile drew itself on her face and those eyes glittered in what seemed like a turmoil of pain - this is where the scene ends.

Because in this place, the sun never sets. No, never. Ever. In that little cage, where the birds squeaked a beautiful, poetic cry, entitled melancholy. Where the bars were golden tinted from the sun which never set, night never came. Winter never arrived, and snow was so irrelevant to their little world that the word didn't exist and it wasn't even a myth.

This is where the scene starts again.

Out of the blue, she came back to him, perched down to his level and stroked his cheek.

"But don't worry about me and my non-sense Andrew, I must be a crazy old bird for imagining such silliness." Yet even though her face appeared dismissive, her mournful voice pleaded for him to tell her it was okay, so he did just that. He grabbed her hand and pulled her in.

"If you think that way, then so do I - we're the same afterall."

As this was never mentioned too often - since it was so painfully obvious - it took a while, a far away look to realise. They were identical. The blue of their hair matched, a pale blue, frost perharps ? The blue of their eyes matched, like a sea, an ocean.. or maybe a pool of tears. All of it pale, their eyes, hair and skin. So much so they looked ill and fragile, I guess that's what you should expect from the two little mocking birds.

"I guess we are, I do forget every now and then." Her smile was bitter.

"So do I."

She did not seem surprised by his answer. Instead she closed her eyes, and let the night set in her heart. However he looked on, past the cluster of hair and through the golden bars, towards a sun that never set.

Unfortunately, they weren't identical. They were, but they weren't - not twins no, don't get the wrong end of the stick here. More like.. two shards of one person ? Not that this matters too much at this point, this story is already weird as it is. Did I mention this is meant to be a love story ? Well there you go, I have now. Or maybe it's just meant to be strange and uncomfortable, it really depends on the development of this I guess.

Enough sidetracking, all you need to know is that in a cage, in a place, there sat two identical little birds. Who only had each other, all they ever hated and all they ever loved was one another. They got there the same way we got here, in an absurd way that we probably won't ever discover until the story ends. Until the story ends.

The scene ended, once and for all. The curtains wouldn't draw again until the sword slashed through its fabric.

PROLOGUE

MY LITTLE ONES

END SCENE

Song : Now now - Wolf

Photo by Emily Soto on DeviantArt

emilysoto.deviantart.com