Chapter 1: give me hope

(A/n) hi guys ! This is my first fanfiction so I'm really sorry if it's not that good. I hope it's good though. If I make a mistake please correct me. Thank you for reading !!!! Vote and comment please (: I hope you enjoy (:

" I'm going to work, if I come home and I find that you two little brats have moved or stole any of my food, I will punish you" My dad says as he moves my twin sister and I to the closet.

"Yes sir" we both reply. He closes the door and walks out. I hear his truck start and pull out. I move closer to my sister and hold her in my arms.

Hi I'm , well actually we don't remember our names. We haven't ate in atleast 3 days.  I hardly remember my mother, we were only 3 when she died but that was 15 years ago. Everyday after she died me and my sister were blamed, and abused. I remember her death like it was yesterday...

We were out with her shopping for our first year of school. We were about to check out when a man pulled out a gun and wouldn't let anyone leave. He demanded the woman to give him all the money. Then I started crying. The man turned around and demanded for somebody to shut me the hell up. My mother tried but it didn't work, so he went to shoot me but my mother moved herself in front of me just in time to take the bullet in her chest, killing her instantly.

I look down at my sister and blinked back the tears. "We need to get out of here" I whisper to her. She looks at me for what seems like a long time."What if he catches us?" There was so much fear in her voice.
"I won't let him" she gives me a sad smile and replies. "I'm scared" "Don't be, I won't let anything happen to you" she gives me another sad smile and I stand up and hold my hand out to help her up. We hug and I lead us out of the closet and to the stair case. I take my sisters hand and smile at her. We head down the stairs and look for a door. I have never realized how big our house actually was. Our dad is the owner of the biggest night club in Leadworth. He is a millionaire. We were only let out of the closet when our father is angry and he needs to let it out. Whenever that happens I take most of it to protect my little sister the best I can.

I turn around and see the front door, I lead us over. I unlock the door and stand there for a second as the cold, dark night rushes in. The wind is cold on my skin, our dad only gave us shorts and a t-shirt to wear. I step out and the concrete is cold on my feet. I turn around to look at my sister and tug on her arm a bit to tell her to come. She shuts the door and we start heading torwards the sidewalk. When we got to the sidewalk we start running until we got out of the neighborhood and see a hospital. I look up at it and start running again. I had no idea where I was going or what was gonna happen, all I cared about was that we were out of there.

I turn back to look at her, we were finally free. Before I turn back to see where I was going I run into something. I turn all the way around and realized what I ran into, not something but someone. I look up and see a that it's a gorgeous woman with soft and wavy red hair and bright green eyes, and is wearing a police woman outfit. I gulp as I pull my sister behind me and the woman bends down to our height.

"Isn't it a bit late for you lot to be out" she says in a Scottish accent. I just stared at her scared as to what was gonna happen next. She leans back up and ask, "where's your parents ?" I continue to stare, scared that if I answer she will try and take us back.

"Don't be scared I'm here to help you," she bends down and whispers "I'm not really a police woman," she leans back up. "I'm Amy, what's your names?" I become less scared, hoping since it's dark she won't notice the bruises,  "we don't have names" I say shakily.

She bends down and notices my cuts and bruises on the arm that wasn't holding my sisters shaking hand. She looks up at me and asks "do your parents hit you?" I swallow hard and answer "no."

She gets back up and looks at us. "Hmm, how would you like to come home and stay with me?"

"You would let us?"

"Of course ! Come on!!" She extends her arm out for me to take, I hesitate but I grab her hand and she leads us to her home.

As we walk up to her doorsteps me and my sister stand at the bottom of the steps as she unlocks the door. She gets it open and walks in, she turns to look at us "don't be shy come on in!" She says with a wide smile. We walk in and take in our surroundings. "It's kinda cold out there huh?"

"Yeah"

"Follow me"

She takes us up to what I assume is her room, I look around as she digs through her wardrobe and I notice a little blue police box, I pick it up. "What's this ?"She turns to look at me. "It's a police box, it's what my imaginary friend, as a child, travels in"

"Oh."

She then pulls out some clothes tells us to come with her. She leads us to the shower and show us how to use it. " Come back down stairs when you're finished." She then walks out and me and my sister wash up and put the clothes that she gave us on then head back down the stairs. We walk into the kitchen as she hangs up the phone. "I love you to Rory, goodnight." She then noticed us and motions us to sit down. "Are you guys hungry?"

"Yes."

"Well then, I'm going to make you my favorite food, fish fingers and custard."

We sit in silence as she makes the fish custard. When she finished she gives us each a bowl of custard and a plate of fish fingers, herself included.

We start eating.

"So, how old are you ?" she asks breaking the silence.

"12." My sister answers, saying her first words to Amy. "And you don't have names?" Amy asked, we shake our heads in response.  "Well how about I name you?" Amy says with confidence. We shake our heads in agreement. "Umm what about Hope and Faith?" She says pointing to me then my sister.

"I like it"

"Me too" my sister agrees

"Good, and now for a last name.. Pond ! Hope and Faith pond ! Like mine ! Amy pond !!"

"Hope pond" I repeat

"Faith pond" Faith repeats

"I like it!!" we say synchronized

"Me too ! Are you two twins ?" "Yes", I answer. "That's really cool !"
After about an hour of fish custard and talking she showed us to her spare bed room and made our bed for us.

"If you girls need anything I'm right down the hall, ok?"

"Ok thank you for everything" I reply

"Your welcome, now get some sleep girls"

"Night Amy!" We reply

"Good night sweeties" she turns out the lights and walks out.

----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Finally done with the first chapter !!! Thank you for reading it !! Comment comments and suggestions please ! And vote !! Thank you !