Chapter 29. A glimmer of hope Part 3

Knightly's P.O.V

Micah told me to contact the police station where Ryker's brother Jacob worked and to inform them about Jacob Barton's family's death. He told me to say to them that they were killed during a gun fight between Ryker and the men who had kidnapped Caleb Barton. He also told me to mention that the bodies of the Barton family were burnt beyond recognition due to the fact that the car they were in exploded and that the California police department didn't want to get involved in this case because both parties were already dead. And that this was also out of their jurisdiction. I also told them that I was prepared to accommodate Jacob Barton if he wanted to come collect the bodies of his family members because the incident occurred in my own town.

Micah made sure that the Barton's were somewhere safe and he asked Rhaegal and Dorrant to protect the whole family seeing how they were Micah's own warriors. I could sense that there was something wrong with Micah when I last talked to him but I didn't want to pry too much into it seeing how he wasn't in the mood to talk. We went to bed after Cacus left but I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that the prisoners killed innocent humans to escape from the prison because that meant that they weren't afraid for the repercussions of their actions.

I sighed when I couldn't sleep and heard Micah then say "Try to sleep Knigh, tomorrow will be another tiring day and I'll have to miss work again as result of it. Albert probably thinks that I'm the worst employee that he ever came across". I chuckled hearing what Micah had said and then lifted his face up to look into his beautiful green eyes. Micah looked sensually at me and I wanted nothing more than to make love to him at that moment but I could feel how tired he was. I kissed Micah deeply and then said to him while placing a kiss on his mark "Just say it and I'll overthrow Albert to take over his precious supermarket".

Micah burst out laughing when he realized how serious I was and then replied to me with "I'm not some damsel in distress who needs saving from some wicked witches or wolves Knigh and you should really leave Albert alone. The poor man can't even file a receipt correctly". I pushed Micah on his back when I heard him talking so fondly about Albert and then said to him while taking my place between his legs "Don't ever talk so fondly about another man in front of me Micah because it makes me want to kill them even more".

I smiled when I then heard Micah say "Ah Knightly Silverstone, how foolish you are. My heart only beats for you and the day that you decide that you don't want me anymore it will stop beating all together". I saw Micah wince in pain the moment he uttered those words and he then quickly added while stroking his pregnant belly "I was just joking Aadya, you didn't have to punish me like that. I promise you that I won't leave your siblings and you alone in this cruel world". I placed a kiss on Micah's stomach and heard Aadya then giggle. I then said to Aadya while putting my hand on Micah's pregnant belly "I can't wait to hold you in my arms my beautiful daughter".

I heard Aadya then yawn and Micah smiled as response at me. He then said while running his fingers through my hair "She's happy to have a father like you Knigh and we should sleep now too because I have a feeling that the Barton's wake will be hard to handle tomorrow". I nodded with my head at Micah in agreement because I could sense the same thing. It looked like Jacob Barton was blaming himself for the death of his family and he was having trouble coping with his loss. I climbed off Micah and then took my place next to him again. I then pulled Micah closer to me and he instantly put his head on my chest. And I love it when he does that because it makes me feel needed and wanted.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep too when I heard Micah breathe softly but the images of the explosion kept flashing in front of my eyes because we could have lost Ignatius that day. I didn't even know when I finally fell asleep and woke up in the morning when I felt Micah kiss me softly on my lips. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled when I saw Micah in one of the suits that I had ordered for him. No one even dared to ask me at the clothing company why I was ordering suits in a different size than mine and I was thankful of that.