What A Time To Be Alive

It has been 3 days. 

3 days since a spell was cast on me, sending me to another year.

Azriel has been sent out to other courts, in search of the witch who cursed me. Cassian went to the Bone Carver, to pry any information out of him. Mor went to the streets, asking around for any knowledge. Rhysand spent hours beside me within the library, together we searched for any valuable information within the ancient texts.

All of us came back unsuccessful.

Sitting at the dining table in the townhouse with Rhysand and Mor, I poked at my uneaten meal. I blocked out the chatter of their conversation about Amren on a secret mission, becoming lost within a train of my own thought.

These past days, I had flipped through the pages of thousands of books in search of an answer. With spending most of my day within the gloomy library, my eyes struggled to readjust to the bright golden light of the setting sun.

A day ago, I crossed the now standing Wall. Flying to the manor that I lived in as a child, I found a wealthy family living within. I recognised the face of the father and house owner, from the antique paintings of my ancestors that lined the grand hall.

"Want to go for another walk after dinner?" Rhysand's voice echoes as he breaks me from a thought. 

Looking up, I forced a smile and say, "Sounds great."

Over the week, Rhys and I have become quite close, spending a lot of time together. He took me to an expensive looking restaurant yesterday evening, insisting that I needed to be spoiled. As we walked home, he handed me a gift: two beautiful solid diamond cuffs. Politely, I rejected the gift, offering the idea of saving it for later gifting. Knowing very well that it will come in use in later years.

I missed my family, horribly.

I missed my mate.

Not the man sitting across the table from me, I missed the man I fell I love with. I have been constantly waking in panic at night, reaching across the bed for comfort to find only cold sheets. Watching Rhysand rise from his seat, I followed suit.

We didn't speak until we where leaning against the stone balustrade, overlooking the river and setting sun.

"You're beautiful."

I turned to notice his eyes locked on me.

"I know."

A low laugh rumbled through him as he took a step closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I looked into his eyes, filled with such sadness.

"I'm sorry, Feyre."

"For what?"

Looking back out over the Rainbow, he responded quietly, "for how we can't get you home. For how I can't get you home."

My family must be so worried about me. I can't imagine the stress my mate must be going through in my own time right now. A lone tear ran down my cheek. Sensing my distress, Rhysand wrapped his other arm around me and pulled me into a tight hug. Savouring his warmth, we stood there for a moment, watching the sun set over the horizon.

Reaching up, he pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear. A talon tugged on our bond as his finger gently lifted my chin, forcing out eyes to meet.

I am going to miss you, Feyre.

He began to slowly lean forward, I could feel the heat off his breath as I froze in place.
No, I cannot do this.
Pulling away, I shot down our mating bond,