Chapter 3: My neighbor is a hottie

The next few days went by quietly. We unpacked everything and enrolled into our new schools. I was supposed to go in next week to forecast for my classes. I really wasnt excited to start there. I wouldnt know anyone and i would be alone. I wanted to be beack in Utah with allmy friends but my Dad had to come to Oregon for his job.

That Sunday I went to church. My family was welcomed and I got introduced to so many people that I forgot there names right away. When I went to young women 3rd hour I met two girls my age. Beth and Rachel. They both seemed nice, but for some reason Beth and Rachel kept giving each other glares when they thought I wasn't looking.

Beth was nice enough but she wouldnt be going to my school, Rex Putnam she didnt live in the area. She was blond and her hair was so straight it was amazing. I saw potiental in being friends with Rachel we had a lot in commom like sports and favortite TV shows.

After church Rachel came up to me, "When are you starting School?"

"Im supposed to talk to a counsiler in a week but I dont know when exctaly I'll start." I answered.

we exchanged numbers and then I left with my family.

***

The Saturday after that I went to the school to talk to a counselor about my school schedule. The school seemed pretty big and had to building to it. A large building for for classes and the gym plus the cafeteria and offices and a smaller building with the auditorium.

There was an sign out front that read Rex Putnam high school home of the Kings men. I was a Kings men now, what kind of mascot it that?

The counselor, Steve as he liked to be called was a humor guy, he had eyes that smiled even when he wasn't.

"So Annie, what classes would like this year?"

"I want to be in Band." Emma looked at me with a question on her face but I ignored it.

"Sure what instrument do you play?"

"I play the Oboe." I replied, not many people know what that is so I wasn't surprised that he looked confused.

"I'm sure Mr. Wes Will be happy to know that. He's the band teacher."

I just nodded my head in response. I'm not much of a talker I prefer to listen and observe.

After we figured out my schedule Steve asked Emma and me if we wanted a tour of the school. "We'd love to!" Emma spoke for both of us, she knew I didn't like to ask my peers where to find a class.

The tour was short and sweet Steve showed me where all my classes would brand the had to hurry off to his next appointment.

"So Annie do you think this will be a good year for you?" Emma asked on our way back to the car.

"It looks like it might." I said with a smile.

As we climbed into the car Emma asked me the question she was curios about, "So you want to be in Band this year? I didn't know you played an instrument."

"I don't." I liked down at the road "But I'm going to learn."

"You're going to learn how to play and Oboe right?" I nodded " In a month?" I nodded again. " Well invite me to the first concert I want to know how this plays out."

***

Knock, knock, knock

"I'll get it!" Abby called from the living room. I was in my room cleaning down stairs, because it was to dirty for me to focus and by dirty I mean so cloths on the floor and an unmade bed. It took a couple of minutes then I went to see who was at the door.

As I rounded the corner I hears Abby giggle and flirt a little bit with the very hot guy in front if my house.

"Umm hello." I called out.

"Annie! This is Brain one of our new neighbors." Abby looked at him and batted her eye lashes. "He came because his mom told him there was someone here he should meet." He looked away and rubbed his neck when Abby did a little hair flip and giggle again."

"Hi Annie, could I speak to you," He looked at my sister again "Alone."

"Sure." I shrugged and waked outside closing the door in between Abby and my very gorges neighbor.

Brain was tall and lean. You could see his muscles ripple under his T-shirt. I stood against the railing leaning my weight on it and he was across from me doing the same thing.

We didn't say anything for an awkward moment and I spent the time studying his face. He had bright blue eyes and a chiseled futures like his nose and chin. Then rounded cheeks like a baby and it made him look cute and innocent but rouge and handsome at the same time. He had short dark brown hair framing his face perfectly.

"So my mom said you were new and might be looking for some friends." Brain started.

"Yeah I guess so, I haven't met very many people yet though." I tried to make it look like I wasn't staring at him by looking at the pavement even though I obviously was.

"Well I'm sure you will make lots of friends." He stood up a little taller and looked me in the face. "look," he said seriously grabbing my attention from the pavement.

I looked into his bright blue eyes."What." I asked surprised he was so direct.

"I heard you were super religious from some people I know."

"Well I wouldn't say super but yeah I'm LSD." I told him.

"That's cool and all but not everyone is open minded about religion in our school and I just wanted to tell you to watch out. The popular kids don't like people who are different." Brain kept eye contact with me the whole time and it took me moment to process what he was saying.

"So I shouldn't tell people I'm a Mormon?" I asked

Brain shifted his gaze so he was looking behind me. "Yeah something like that."

I was quite and so was he.

"Thanks I guess." I told him.

"Your welcome I guess." he said with a small smirk and walked away.

______________________________________________

Hey everyone!!! thanks so much for reading. I was so surprised by how many people read my book so far. Thank you!!

So Annie has bigger problems then she thought at her new school. But many be a new friend to.

Please like, comment, and vote. I love hearing from you all. I'm interested in a new cover so anyone who wants to make one I will be for ever indebted to.

Also if you want to contact me:

Snapchat: sarahclewis

Kik: Mormongirl18