Like Brother Like Sister

Hey guys new/old story here I deleted the other one and wanted to start fresh.

I'm thinking bout entering this in the watty awards so votes would be awesome as well as a cover.

Please let me know what you think I know it's short just bear with me.

Prologue

Relationships.

How do you define something so broad and critical to our everyday lives with just a few words?

They come in all different forms, lengths and pain levels. In some relationships you choose your partner on your own making it easier to say goodbye when things turn sour; like with best friends, enemies, employees, lovers, spouse. While in others you're stuck to the person because of blood you share or because they adopted you and said they were your parents.

Each relationship could be horrible and disastrous or loving and fun. It all depends on how you and the other person interact and bond.

I was never a guy for the long-term relationships. I was more of a hump and dump type. I could sweet talk a girl into a bed so fast it was almost disgusting. With my model looks, girls would faun over me where ever I went and would be at my side with a snap of my fingers. After we danced between the sheets I would never think of them again or how I made them feel when they woke up in a hotel room alone. My thought was, they brought it on themselves.

But how wrong I was.

It wasn't until I met my match and worst nightmare that I realized what I did to those girls was wrong on so many levels.

Brinkley is her name. The name that guys would run towards. The name girls hated hearing about. The name that was as unique as her.

She had two sides to her. The side the world saw and the side that I saw at home.

Now, when I say match I don't mean, match.com. I mean the person who could have been my clone; has the same wild, careless personality I did; makes me so frustrated that I want to bash my head into the wall.

She treats guys like I treated girls. I didn't realize how bad I was until it was staring me in the face, only in girl form.

She had guys wrapped around her delicate pinky with one bat of her eyelashes. She went after the weak ones, giving them hope to something more in the morning but leaving before the sun could rise.

Keeping my idiot friends away from her was hard. At first I didn't want them anywhere near her fearing they would hurt her. But I soon learned I should have been worried for their safety instead of hers. She left broken hearts trailing behind her everywhere she went not caring who she stepped on to have her fun.

Like brother, like sister I guess.