I Need To See You

*•. So the picture has nothing to do with the story BUT it just looks so dayum beautiful that I had to share it with you all ^-^ (art by alegria) Alright, alright, back to the story.•*

"I can't do this," you groaned as you sat at your desk writing on a piece of notebook paper, "I don't think I could even give this to him." The things you were writing were the hidden feelings that you had for a certain Swedish man in your university. Most people would not consider him to be the most attractive guy--due to his constant serious expression-- but, to you, he was the sexiest guy in the whole universe. He has short blond hair, turquoise blue eyes, is hella tall, wears glasses, and you love him. Or, was love too strong of a word?

Crumpling up your paper once again you throw it into the overflowing trash bin. Grabbing another blank paper you sigh. "Why is this so hard!?" you ask yourself as you run your hands through your hair, "we've been friends since, forever! Do I really want to ruin that?" Dropping your head onto your desk you groan with frustration. Looking at the clock you remember just how late it is. "It's four in the morning," you remind yourself, "I should be asleep but nope. Gotta write a dang love letter before the weekend."

Lifting your head up you lean back into your chair and stare at the ceiling.  "Ok, so I like him," you say aloud, "but how can I write it so he understands just how much I like him?"  Looking back at your blank paper and the pen in your hand you sigh.  Spinning around in your chair, you finally give up.  Throwing your pen onto your desk you turn the light off.  Plopping into bed, you stare at the ceiling with thoughts zooming through your mind. "When I think of him," you whispered to yourself, "I cant imagine being without him." You roll to your side and stare at the tiny picture pinned on the wall of the two of you during your senior year of high school wearing your caps and gowns. It was the only picture that you had that he ever smiled in. It wasn't a big toothy grin like that which Mathias seems to always sport on his face, but it was sweet and subtle. Every night you would look at it, wishing to see that smile again someday.

An innocent blush crept its way onto your cheeks as you recalled how excited you were that you graduated with your closest friend and ended up getting into the same university in Sweden. Although you two did not take the same classes, you both would make sure to set aside a day or two each week to spend time together. You still remembered a few months back when your crush on him was realized.

[Flashback Time]

The cold breeze coming from the sea sent shivers up and down your spine, reminding you that winter was coming to the amazing country of Sweden. You walked along the sidewalks as you held the straps of your school bag to your chest, trying to keep your body as shielded as possible from the winds. "Really wish I brought some warm tea or something with me," you said through chattering teeth, "or maybe a better winter jacket to block out this stupid wind, gah I'm freezing my buns off." You started to speed up your pace as you started to round the corner towards the brick apartments. After walking almost six blocks from your school to these apartments, you were eager to finally get to rest in your apartment next to the space heater.

As you walked up the two small steps to the apartment entrance, you fumble with your keys and finally let yourself into the building. Letting the door gradually shut behind you, you let yourself bask in the warmth of the fancy fake fireplace at the entrance. You run up to it and warm your hands for a second before taking taking of your gloves and letting out a content sigh, "gah I missed the heat so much." Just as you were about to walk away from the heater you hear a familiar voice from behind you. You turned around abruptly, slightly startled by the sudden presence of another person, and look around to spot them. The voice spoke again in its same deep monotone voice saying, "____, the elevator." You finally look towards the elevator to the right of you and smile brightly at the person standing there. "Berwald!" You said excitedly as you ran towards the elevator, energetically hopping in before it closed.