3. Carter

Present day

I woke up to nothing. My mom never came in and told me breakfast was ready or time to get up for school. This isn't normal for me. I quickly get up out of bed and run down stairs as I see my mom in the kitchen making breakfast. "Mom?" I asked but she didn't respond. "Uh mom are you okay." She turns around and walks into me no not into me through me. She walked right through me. What the fuck? I scream trying to grab onto her arm but nothing. I can't. I quickly run upstairs and jump into my bed pinching my arm hoping this is all some bad dream. But it's not. "Wake up!" I yell. "Wake up wake up wake up!" Still nothing. I'm awake yet I'm dead....

Im dead..... Gasping I grab my phone off my nightstand. I can grab my phone but I can't hug my mum this is crazy. I see I have a text from an unknown number again. I quickly slide into the message and my heart drops.

Unknown: remember the plan find the one whose just as alive yet dead and become one. The spell can be broken when you take some risk. Make a change and find that other. Perhaps fall in love...-the future.

Me: who is this why are you doing this????

Unknown: find yourself ! Find that person hint he's running around and can be found. Just look for the park with the lake and trees. Where he lays and scared as could be. Hurry.

I don't respond to this mysterious person I do as I'm told I don't care what I look like I slip on a pair of shoes and run out the door to the park where I can hopefully find that person.... my feet stomp against the sidewalk as I frantically run through people trying to make it on time and pray he didn't leave. Whose this other guy? And why did this future person choose us? So many questions filled with curiosity and wonder yet probably will never be answered.

"Hello!!!!!" I scream hoping the other can hear me. "Can anybody hear me!" I shout as I'm looking around turning in many different directions as I enter the park. "Somebody please-" "hello whose there?" I hear a masculine voice yell interrupting me. "Over here by the tree at the entrance!" I yell back and soon enough I stop a boy running straight towards me. "Can you hear me?" I asked as he got closer and he stopped dead in his tracks. It's the one person I hope to never see because of the rumors. The bad boy......

"Yes I can. Can you hear me?" He asked with a slight hope ringing in his voice. "Yes I can." I say as we both stand there looking at each other knowing nothing else in this world can see or hear us. Because we are dead to the human race.....