Chapter 1

The girl's been staring at Zac for at least five minutes. It's seriously creepy but believe it or not it happens all the time. This time it's a blonde. She's tall, thanks to those 5 inch heels, and is wearing barely anything at all. Finally he notices her. She pretends to look away, he gives her the smile, she slowly moves towards him, it's so predictable. As I said, this happens all the time.

I sigh. Another party, another girl. The room is crowded and the pounding music is giving me a headache. I think I need another drink. As I start to get up from my lazy position on the couch I'm blocked by a muscly guy that seriously needs a haircut.

"Move PJ." I say getting ready to shove him out of my way.

"Ouch. Don't you sound grumpy." He says smirking at me. "Have you seen Zac anywhere? He's got my keys and I'm planning on taking this lovely lady home." He says referring to a tiny brunette wearing practically nothing, again. Ugh what is wrong with these guys?

"Yeah he went off with some tall blonde chick." I say, motioning towards the general direction I'd seen him last.

PJ sighs. We both know Zac is going to be a while. "Maybe some other time Janice." PJ says, not even looking at the brunette. She whines and pouts but eventually I glare at her and scare her off. PJ laughs.

"Well, what do you say we go get a drink?" I ask. "Let's see who can hold the most before one of us breaks." This is just what PJ and I do while Zac is... occupied.

"Alright let's do it. But I'm gonna beat you this time Al. Just wait and see."

I laugh. There's no way he's beating me.

And I was right. After, like, 4 drinks PJ is already completely out. The guy can't hold alcohol for shit. He's passed out on the kitchen counter and any minute now he'll be telling me all his secrets.

"Hey Al. What the hell happened to PJ?" I look up and see Zac staring down at me. His shirt is on inside out. He can't even be bothered to put it back on properly.

"Oh nothing. He just thought he could beat me in a drinking game." I say, giving him a triumphant smile.

"C'mon Al. We both know you'll beat him every time."

"I know." I say.

"So, are you guys ready to go?" he asks.

"I'm so ready." I say. It's already 1am and I'm planning on getting a good rest so I can kick everyone's butts water-skiing tomorrow. "Let's just get PJ into the car and drop him home." I say getting ready to pick PJ up.

I help Zac shove PJ over his shoulder. It's a routine thing now because we end up having to do this regularly. The guy weighs a tonne. I follow Zac through the party to the front door. I catch sight of the muscles in his arms tensing as he carries PJ's weight and my heart starts beating faster. I quickly calm it down. There's no point in thinking these thoughts. Zac will never like me back anyway, not unless I become one of those girls. I figure if I don't acknowledge these thoughts they'll go away. After all, I only realised I liked him this year. It's not too late to erase my huge crush from my mind. I'm counting on it to go away.

After we drop PJ off at his house and make sure he's conscious enough to at least walk up to his room, we drive to Zac's house. I sleep over here regularly after parties because it's often really late and it's a hassle driving all the way to my house.

"This summer is going to be great." I say as we walk into his room and I flop down onto his bed.

"Yeah. All those hot girls in bikinis walking around the beach." He says flopping down beside me. He's always about the girls. The thought makes me cringe. I'm not sure why I'm in love with him, considering he's a huge jerk. But he is my best friend, and they say love comes from friendship, right? I don't know. I don't go looking up love quotes.

"Ew. I did not need to hear that." I say throwing a pillow at him.

Zac laughs and shoves the pillow back in my face. "I'm gonna kick your butt water-skiing tomorrow." He says, smirking at me.

"Not gonna happen." I say softly. I'm already drifting off to sleep.

"Night Ally." Zac says. I swear I feel him put a blanket over me.

I'm about to tell him not to tuck me in like a baby but I'm just too tired. "Night Zac." I mumble back instead.

So, this is a book I just started and I hope you like it! Please vote, comment, share, anything! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you continue ;)

xoxo Gossip Girl