Chapter Ten

Cassidy Ratliff:

It's been two days since I got out of the hospital. Ell's been avoiding me all together, but I see him daily. I stay in Ross' room at his house, while Ell stays with Rocky.

And I'm still going to school. Like, I'm in the hallway by my locker after third period. I saw Ross at the other end talking to the new girl in my English class.

"Hey," I said as I approached them.

"Oh! Cassy!" Ross exclaimed. "Meet Laura. Laura, meet Cassy," He introduced us.

I gave her a small smile. "So where you from?"

"I just transferred from my old school here in LA. I've been in the town, but just not at this school." Laura explained.

"Well it was nice meeting you, but I gotta get to fourth period."

"Yeah, I guess we should get going. But I'll see you later?" She agreed.

I thought for a moment. She seems like a really nice person. Yeah, I guess so. "Sure."

She extended her hand and I shook it. We parted ways as I latched my arm around Ross' elbow. "She seems nice,"

"Yeah." He agreed. I could tell there was more he wanted to say, but he's to scared to say it.

"You can continue," I sighed, giving him permission to talk about her.

"She's pretty, but don't worry. I only have eyes for you." He spoke as we turned the last corner before he dropped me off at my class.

"I wasn't going to," I smiled. He squeezed my hand before continuing down to his class.

But my worries came, despite Ross' words.

And from that almost perfect moment before, it was downhill.