Chapter 1

Louis' POV

"One Direction's Harry Styles is still in recovery and everyone's looking to his band mate, Louis Tomlinson, to speak about this tragic incident. Some are wonderi-" I flipped off the TV and flung the remote down on the bed. I was so sick of the media trying to portray me as the heartless band mate who doesn't care for Harry. I'm the one who cares for Harry the most! I love him more than anything else in this world, have since 2010.

I can't bring myself to visit him in the hospital, considering I am partially responsible for him being there. Had I listened to my heart instead of management, none of us would be in this mess. I wouldn't be hiding myself behind a mask, I wouldn't pretend to be engaged to a girl, our tour would still be going strong, but most importantly, Harry wouldn't have tried to take his life. Precious Harry would still be here with me and the lads, he'd be okay.

I found him, of course. I knew he'd be devastated by the news of my engagement to Eleanor and I tried and tried to call him, but he didn't answer. I panicked and came back to the hotel room to find a mess of a boy, drenched in tears and blood. Hell, half of the world was pissed about our engagement. This didn't seem to bother any of our damn management team and the facade was still going strong. They didn't care that Harry tried to off himself, they didn't care they were destroying us.

"Louis, whatcha' thinking 'bout?" Up until he spoke, I had forgotten Niall was with me. I've been watched by at least one of the boys everyday since Harry's incident so I couldn't do anything wreckless.

"What do you think?"

"Harry?"

"Always."

"Why don't you go see em'?"

"I can't face him right now. Can we please drop this?" I snapped and Niall's hands shot up in defense.

"Sure, sure." I sighed and grabbed my phone aimlessly. There was no use for my phone, every website was clogged with Harry and I just couldn't take it. The temptation to see what the fans were saying was always there, and I mean always. Twitter freaked me out sometimes because it was surprising just how many fans really knew the truth. People were suspecting Harry's suicide attempt was because of my engagement, and they were right. They didn't even know us personally but they could see through the lies so easily.

Speaking of Twitter, Eleanor deactivated hers due to huge amounts of hate sent to her. Anyone who realizes we don't actually love each other blames her for this whole mishap, but if anyone should be blamed, it should be management. Or me. I blame myself, I really do. Harry's not the type to make the first move in a relationship, contrary to how the media portrays him, but I am that type.

Had I not came onto him, we would've never been a couple. Although I enjoyed every moment of my time with Harry, he'd been better off without knowing me. Not long after we started being a couple, management made me break it off. They made me start to date Eleanor and let him believe that I genuinely liked her. I tried to convince him that it was all a setup, that management made me go out with her, but Harry only seemed more hurt.

My words only seemed like lies and I know it hurt him more. Harry didn't understand that I couldn't just dump her like he's asked me too so many times before. Everything's confidential and if I tell him I signed a contract about dating her, he'd hate me and I could be kicked out of the band. That's been hovering over my head for so long now, so long. I've helped management rip Harry's heart out too many times now and I just can't do it anymore.