Chapter 2

6 month later

"Albert, where are you? We'll be late for the theater again." Angie open a door to see it is full with hats and shoes. Closing the door, she started for the other door opposite, but it is too full with umbrella, coat, and more shoes. Albert has too many shoes for a human who has only two legs to wear them but she couldn't complain for Albert took a good care of his shoes or at least his valet does.

"Your Grace, the study is below." A footman kindly steer Angie to the lower level.

"Ugh, this house is too big."

"Yes your Grace. I too get lost sometimes." Angie is glad that the footman didn't point out she is always lost in her own house even after 6 month of getting familiarize every nook and cranny. Albert smile at her when she knock on the study's door and shyly amble in, murmuring her gratitude to the footman who is more of his duty getting her arrive at the right room, all the time.

"Good evening child, are you lost again?" Albert laughs seeing her blush while she plants a kiss on his cheek.

"Oh Albert, you know my fault than anyone could. I just seem to not point out which direction to take. It is too saddening to admit it out loud."

"But I think the whole household knows your fault sweet child, and they love you more for it, else you will be too perfect for human being." She blush deep red and swat his arm gently.

"Albert!" But the old man just laughs. Finally smiling over her own flaw, Angie recalls the reason why she searches for him. "That's right, we'll be late for the play and you said you wanted to see it." Sighing, Albert looks at the clock and nods his head.

"You call out the carriage first. I got some letter to see through before going."

"Do you want me to help anything?" Albert had been teaching her about his jewelry and shipping company and she is glad for the study for she loves nothing best but doing calculation.

"No dearest, this is just a small matter. Be a good girl and wait for me." Angie nod and walk out reluctantly while Albert reach for the letter his solicitor send and read through the sentence, growing angry at each passing moment. Albert had just finish clearing Rose's debt and she had add a new one, on Angie's name, since Rose knew Albert will not pay for her again but for Angie he will.

"Good God! This woman knows no shame, using Angie's name like that. I should have clean my hand off them and let the creditor swarm their house. And this will be the last of- ugh!" Albert grasp his chest when pain shot up, spreading instantly. He tried get to his medication but the pain is too great. Gregory the butler came in hearing the chair fell down and exclaim in panic seeing his employer on the floor.

"Your Grace!" Gregory panic voice caught Angie's attention- for the stiff and formal butler rarely lost his composure- and she run to the study, guided by the commotion in front of the hall.

"Albert! Gregory, tell the driver to call Dr. White, hurry." Gregory nod and run to the waiting carriage while Angie reach for Albert medication. "Please Albert, you got to hold on." The medication helps a bit and Angie ordered the footmen to bring Albert up to his room. Dr. White came five minute later, looking like he had been drag out of bed and had donned his dress hastily. The doctor quickly checks Albert's condition while Angie frets at his side, worried over Albert pale face. Then Dr. White pulls her aside.

"I'm not going to lie to you. His Grace's heart is very weak now; he is no longer a healthy man like he uses to be. Let him rest for now." Angie nod and going over Albert bed after she had bade the doctor out.