Chapter 5- Introductions

Tessa

"Listen to me," I glance up from the roots and shrubs I have been trying to avoid tripping over onto the face of the man in my arms. His eyes are closed now, but they are a striking light blue, "Hey! wake up!" I try again. I glance around me again, all senses alert for sign of being followed. 

I feel more of his weight crush into me, he is barely even moving his feet now! Half dead or not, this arrangement is not working, I seethe.

"OK, That's It!" I slam him against the nearest sturdy tree and sake off his limp arm from around my shoulders. Putting my hands on his chest to catch him before he can fall forward I shove him back against the tree. His head lolls to the side. I sit there panting, glancing around me once more, trying to come up with another plan.

"Come on," I whisper, "Only a bit further." If you can call half a mile dragging an as good as dead body around as only 'a bit,' I think scathingly. I think I'm going to hit something. I look up at the beautiful boy, his face relaxed, his mouth slightly open, peaceful breaths-- Pull yourself together, Tessa! Why in the world did I agree to do this? Again I regret my choice to help. But no turning back now; I gave the girl my word.

"Alright, BUDDY!" I say frustrated. "WAKEUP WAKEUP WAKEUP!!" I yell at his peaceful form. I stand on my toes to try and get closer to his chiseled face. "I know they," whoever they are,"Drugged you, but," I lean my body up against him, taking my hands off his chest so that I can reach his face, "you NEED TO WAKE UP!" I grab his face and start to shake it, his curly blond hair tickling my face, hoping to wake him up.

Suddenly, I feel his thick muscles tense under by body, and, without warning, I am moving. Seconds later I find myself with my back against the tree and my hands pinned over my head. I tense my abdomen preparing to kick my way out of his hold. His body mass alone is winning the fight but I sense his reflexes are slow and jerky. But, Before I can deliver my kick, the air is suddenly knocked out of my chest as he suddenly rams his hard body into mine. He is now pinning the length of my body with the length of his. One hand holding my arms above my head, the other constricting my throat. I cannot move. I cannot breath. My feat are not even on the ground. Before I can start clawing desperately in my panic I look up to see a pair of piercing blue eyes on mine. I am immediately snared. Even as he is strangling me I can appreciate his beauty.

I see the moment recognition seeps into his eyes. He springs off of me immediately, letting go of my neck. I slide down the tree trunk, my feet hitting the ground in a crouch while I cough on the air entering my lungs. When I can breath again I look up and see he has stumbled backwards, a horrified look on his face. I walk towards him, but he backs away, a far away look of horror in his eyes. He continues backing up until he stumbles, leaning heavily on a tree trunk for support.

I am sidetracked by the thought that even through the drugs he still had me down. It kinda makes me want to see him on a good day. Focus.

"We need to keep going, it is only half a mile until the rail road clearing." I tell him cautiously, taking another step towards him; not wanting him to come at me again, cause even with twice the drug in him, im still not sure I could take him. He is somehting, I think, impressed.

"Leave me." He says, not meeting my gaze. All the inner wow thoughts I had just been feeling went poof, in less than a second. I rub the raw skin at my neck. Leave him?! He has got to be Bloody Joking!!

Scowling at him, I say, "You have got to be kidding me." My anger rises still when he doesn't even look at me. I cannot stop myself. I march right up in front of him and grab his jaw between my hands. "WALK." I demand, making my glare dangerous. He adverts his eyes to somewhere beside my right ear. "That's IT! You listen here--" I yell. But once again, I find myself being moved, as easily as if I were a doll.