Chapter Three: No less Awkward...

Chapter three:

                The next morning was no less awkward when I saw him, Spencer. We passed by each other in the halls to the SUVs and we sort of stopped and looked at each other for a second, before both quickly turning away and continuing to walk. Though I did notice Emily looking between the both of us when we did turn away from each other, and she smirked when I turned back and happened to look at her. She probably noticed the heat rise to my face.  I inhaled deeply before gaining my normal game face and walking out of the hall and into the SUVs. Thankfully I didn’t end up in the same car as Spencer, but just as badly I ended up sitting in the passenger seat with Emily driving (JJ was in the back seat).

As we were driving Emily had kept asking questions on what I did last night because I had left the room and she heard people talking outside.

“I told you Emily I was walking around the pool and Spencer decided to tag along. I’m thinking he was just hoping if he was there I wouldn’t get kidnapped or something” I said adding a rolling of the yes and a smile to add to it, hoping it would play off right.

I saw Emily smirk and whispered so only I could hear, “Or to catch you from falling into a pool.”

 I turned and she saw my face flush, which caused her to laugh.

“Are you two concentrating?” JJ said from behind us.

Thank you JJ, my savior!!

“Of course, we have nothing new on the case, no suspects, no evidence, no connection, no sign of remorse, or even a trail.” I said spitefully.

“Hey, we could always find something new today.” Emily said encouragingly.

“Yeah I hope so.” I mumbled.

Just then my phone rang, I answered it once I saw the caller ID and put Garcia on speaker.

“Hey Garcia what do you have for us?” I asked hopeful.

“Okay do you know how well these people tie up their records on mental facilities near here? Like, really well. Anyway, I checked Kenedy and found three hits that match your profile. Their names are Freddy Arnolds, Jonathan Maxwell, and Luis Trevilla.” She said in her usual and fast voice.

“Okay thank you Garcia finally some good news, okay can you check their files and tell us what they’ve been up to lately? Our unsub couldn’t have a job, or if he does, it wouldn’t be unisex, it would something with either all men, or all women.” I said to her.

I heard typing in the background and Garcia mumbling to herself and about stupid passwords being something ‘cookiebear’ or something.

“Okay Mr. Freddy works at a motel for tourist travelers.” Garcia told us finally.

“No, there would be couples there.”  Emily replied for me.

“Okay well Luis Trevilla is currently working in New York as a subway driver so he’s out.” Garcia said impatiently.

“Okay what about Jonathan Maxwell?” I asked sounding hopeful.

“He uh… oh, he lost his job at a tourist store after yelling at a new couple. Lost that job about three weeks ago.” Garcia said sounding climatic.

“Stresser.” I mumbled.

“Yep and after that he’s off the grid, like he just disappeared off the face of the earth.” Garcia replied typing fast on her computer in an attempt for more information.