♕ P E R F E C T I O N ♕

Eleanor leaned into her mirror finishing the last touches of mascara she needed to look perfect. Most people would say perfection is non-existent which was most definitely not a true statement. Perfection could be achieved by a simple facade. Besides the only way to survive in Alice Springs is to be seemingly perfect. Eleanor and Meredith, her sister, learned this early on.

Feeling impatient, Eleanor grabbed her car keys and knocked on the bathroom repeatedly hoping to hear on answer. "Meredith?" She'd say after every three knocks. After about fifteen minutes if her doing that she finally opened the door.

"You know," she started with a smirk on her lips staring at her annoyed sister, "I only didn't answer because I was waiting for you to ask me if I wanted to build a snowman. But considering you sounded like Sheldon I decided to be generous for once." She rolled at eyes at that.

"Shut up. Unless you want to be late and not see your boyfriend until 5:30." Eleanor sauntered off knowing she'd follow her. As she unlocked her car, Meredith got into the passenger seat and sighed.

"Do we really have to go? Can't we just stay home and do a movie marathon or something?" Eleanor sighed and looked over at her sister sadly.

"I know you hate this. I hate it too, Mere. I just don't want either of us to get hurt like we used too and if the only way I can protect you is by pretending to be something I'm not then that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Eleanor really did hate it. She didn't like acting like she cared about what others thought of her or other peoples social standings or even the hottest parties that she just had to go to. It was all so exhausting. But ever since she was adopted into the Parks family, which was around four five- she honestly couldn't remember and would always have to ask her mother, she always felt like she had to protect Meredith from everything bad in the world. Of course starting 3rd grade she couldn't do that. Kids would be cruel. It got to the point where they locked her bathroom in six grade and wouldn't let her out for two whole hours. Meredith had reoccurring nightmares and barely slept because of this. After that Eleanor vowed to do everything in her power to keep anything like that for happening to her again.

No one ever treated Eleanor like that. She was considered pretty popular but she just shrugged it off not caring. That was until the incident. After that she used the title to her advantage making people leave her sister alone and making her considerably popular by association and fear.

Meredith sighed and leaned back in her seat. "You don't have to protect me you know? It's not fair to you," she threw Eleanor a sad pleading look.

She looked at her and spoke her tone as deep and serious as she could possibly make it, "The day I stop protecting you is the day I die, and even then in some after life I will still protect you. You wanna know why?" Meredith nodded staring at her sheepishly. "Because you're my best friend, my chosen sister, and I fucking love you." she turned the ignition on and adjusted her rear-view mirror.

"Besides two more years and you, Calum, Ansel Elgort- because I will meet him and he'll fall deeply inlove with me in some stupid cliche way," Meredith giggled at that. " and I will live in some big house together, maybe with Ashton and Luke too because those idiots will probably assume that they we're invited to live with us, and we'll all be happy ok?"

Meredith nodded, smiling. "Sounds like a plan."

"Good now let's go before the three idiots do something stupid and we'll have to clean the mess up," she said before driving out if her driveway and off to school.

a/n: wow this was boring and kinda sucked. but ayy atleast I updated right? now instead of writing a good authors note explaining things and using proper grammar like I originally was I'm just gonna be lazy lmao. oh and I formatted to book like this bc kippen is queen ilysm bae :^}

bye.

p.s. the pic on the top or side depending on what you are reading on is Eleanor 👽