Chapter 19

"Oh hey Ryan. You didn't call...such an unexpected visit."

I was on the verge of jumping out of my wheelchair to give him a hug. But, my 1 ton legs prevented me from getting up.

"Oh god...what happened to you Chels"?

Ryan got up and in a fit of rage, he grabbed Leon by the collar an pushed him against the wall.

"This is not what we have agreed for".

"Wait wait wait what"?

Agreed for? what is he talking about?

"I let you find her an be with her. With the only condition of never letting go of her smile and injuring her. How dare you!? Now because of you, she is stuck in a fucking wheelchair. Is this how you keep your promise"?

"Look man. I didn't mean for this to happen. If it wasn't for your sister, this wouldn't have had happened"!

Wait what? hold up? sister?

Traveling to Europe

Middle school

Best buds with guy

Sister in same grade as us

My eyes widened when I figured out what was going on. With all my might, I moved the wheels of my wheelchair and exited the room quietly.

"CHELSEA"! The two betrayers yelling in chorus.

I wheeled as fast as i could, across the hallway. i wheeled to the elevator so i can go to the bridge into building C. By the time i arrived in front of the elevator, both of them caught up and each grabbed one handle of my wheelchair.

"Leave me alone guys"!

"No we will not" -Ryan

"Not until you get a clear understanding of everything" -Leon

I was hopeless like before. I have no strength to resist them. They wheeled me back to my room. As we entered, Ryan lifted me up from the entrance and put me on my bed. As he was making me comfy, I saw the jealousy in Leon's eyes.

"Ok Chelsea. Let us do the talking and you just listen very carefully."

Ryan backed off and say in one of those mini sofas by the wall. Leon was at the other side of the room, leaning against the wall and looking down.

Leon started speaking.

"After my bullying days in elementary school..."

"Glad you noticed that." I said it in a sarcastic tone.

Ryan cleared his throat and looked at me.

I pouted like a puppy and looked away.

"Anyways, after those day, my mom realized I was getting suspended way too much suspensions at a young age. She sent me to Europe after fifth grade. I basically went on a Europe tour, going from UK or Ireland to Poland to France to Swiss to Italy all the way back to UK. It sounds fun but it was well for me, being transferred every 5-6 months in middle school."

Ryan picked up from there.

"Remember in the middle of 6th grade I told you I was going on a long vacation? Yeah...we had to take care of some family problems in France. Around the last semester of 7th grade, I ran into Leon while we were shopping in a mall. It was very coincidental to find each other in a huge mall."

"Yeah. Meeting Ryan was something I didn't even think about. Anyways, we exchanged numbers and Skype and went along. That night we skyped each other and I told him my dilemma. I told him that I bullied you cuz I liked you. I really really liked you. I didn't know how to convey my feelings. Elementary school was a place where every boy says 'ewww girls'. If a boy likes a girl, they would not be left alone. I decided to be close to you by bullying. However, as a stupid boy I was, it didn't work out."

"He told me he never laid his eyes on anyone else while he was in Europe. Even though there were many hot girls, even I admit that, but he never fell in love with them. So every month, I gave him hints and riddles and he had to decode them in order to find you. It took him a long while. I let him find you under the condition of keeping you safe. I also didn't want him to find you because...because..."

"He was in love with you."

I gave both of them the expression of shock.

"Yes. Ryan was in love with you as well."

Silence walked in and hugged the room. We all had no words to say.

"I told Leon, I would give up if you keep your word. Apparently that did not happen."

"Ryan. Why didn't you tell me? I may have acknowledged it and maybe all this wouldn't have happened."

"No Chelsea. Don't say that. Leon technically didn't mess up. It was all a misunderstanding with my sister. My sister had a huge crush on Leon. It was HUGE. I cant show you how deep it was. She went all fan girl and giggly and all, all up on Leon. Leon didn't acknowledged all this until he arrived here, which was 9th grade."

"Yeah, I had no idea. That day you witnessed was her first move. I thought she looked up to me as a bro but that day, she tried to kiss me. I was trying to get her off me, but if I pushed her she would end up rolling down the brick stairs. I didn't want anyone going to the hospital, so I tried using words. Apparently it doesn't work for woma---"

"Anyways, I hope you understand our situations. We didn't mean to deceive or lie to you. If you are offended in any way, please forgive us."

I still didn't know what to say. Should I forgive both of them? Or one of them? If one of them, which one? these questions caused a minor headache.

"Guys, thank you for your lively fairy tale. I can't really give you a straight answer, so please give me time to think."

I saw Leon stepping forward to justify himself but Ryan raised his hand to prevent him.

I sunk into my bed, curled to the other side and put the blanket on top of me.