Saving a Snape- chapter one

Author’s Note

 Disclaimer: As awesome as it would be, I do not own Harry Potter. Only a broken laptop, and a wild if-not slightly insane imagination.

HELLO LOYAL FANS, ALIEN RECLUSES, LADIES, GENTLEMEN, AND OTHERS.

Fleurypower029 (A.K.A) Kenz, is back!!!! For those of you who have not read my works before, this is a re-write of a story called ‘Saved by Severus’. I went back to read the story, and found out that while I did like the idea, I hated how I had written the story. For those of you who have read the other story, there are many plot changes in this one. Chapters will hopefully be longer, I will be combining chapters, and most importantly CYNTHIA’S HOUSE WILL BE CHANGING FROM THE OLD STORY.

Thank you very much if you have bothered to read this. And also, if you’re in the mood for some angst-y poetry, go read ‘Fractured Souls’ , by alisonandmackenzie. I cannot speak for myself, because I have a biased opinion, but Alison is quite good.

VOTE COMMENT FAN

Saving a Snape

 Cynthia’s P.O.V.

   Hello everybody. My name is Cynthia, and I’m eleven-years-old. I guess if I were a normal child, I’d be getting ready to go to Hogwarts this year, but unfortunately for me and my Uncle, I’m not a normal child. You see, instead of starting Hogwarts this year like most kids, I actually started three years ago when I was eight. I know it sounds weird, but I didn’t mind. I made a lot of friends, played a lot of jokes, and I’d like to think that I’ve helped a lot of people (although that could just be me being vain).

   My story isn’t entirely fun and games though. I had to work hard, and before Hogwarts I didn’t have the best family life, in fact I didn’t really have a family life at all before Hogwarts. That’s probably because I didn’t have a family though. From the time I was three-months-old, until the time I was eight, I lived with a man named Harvy McMillan. Technically Harvy was my dad, but he never treated me like a daughter, and I never thought of him as a father. Now, Harvy wasn’t a nice guy. To be honest he was a bastard, and I hope I never have to see him again.

   Harvy never treated me right. He was cruel, and violent, and he was a pervert, but I was always too scared to tell anybody about him. I hid my bruises at school, and cried when nobody was looking, then I’d go home, and hope that he hadn’t been drinking while I was out. He always had been though, and every night he took his anger out on me. He blamed me for everything, for losing his job, and our rent always being overdue, and for my mom dyeing. He said that he wished I’d never been born, and sometimes I wished it to. The worst of it though was at night, when he’d come into my room.

   I always listened for the creek at the door that told me he was coming. He called me a slut, and he would tell me that I wanted everything he gave me. He convinced me that I needed to pay him back for my food and my shelter, and I believed him. He took away my innocence, and robbed me of my dignity. He probably would’ve taken away my life to, if it hadn’t been for the day I was saved by Severus.

   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~

   It all started on a cold December day. The wind was whistling, there was snow falling from the sky, and Harvy had just kicked me out of the house. I was wearing nothing but a T-shirt and trousers, but I knew that if I went back to my ‘home’ then Harvy would just kick me out again. As I stumbled through the streets, the now pelted me quietly, and melted on my hot skin. My body was aching, and protesting but I couldn’t stop.

   I walked through back alleys and down abandoned roads in an attempt not to be spotted. I had enough injuries to deal with, without having to deal with thugs, or street kids. Most of the time they let me go when they saw I was already injured, but there were a few that took advantage of the fact that I couldn’t fight back, or at least not physically. Most of those kids never attacked me again, for I had a habit of unknowingly using magic to frighten off kids. I could control it when I was calm, but when I was angry, or scared I had no control what-so-ever. The only person my magic wouldn’t lash out at was Harvey.